The Student Room Group

'Her' inspired?

Ok, I'll start out by saying that I'm not at all desperate, I have a lot of friends and stuff. A lot of them have grown up and got real jobs and are too busy to hang out and chat during the day now. I'm at home with my parents over the summer.

A couple of weeks ago I spent 4 or 5 days without speaking to anyone (family aside) and was pretty bored (and dare I say) lonely. Consequently I ended up thinking too much and just thought that there's a pretty good chance that this could just be my life after I get out of uni. This is a little grim and I'd like someone to chat to and no more! I don't think that's asking a lot. It could be anyone, anywhere these days. I feel like I would be better chatting to a girl as I'd feel as if I could talk about anything. -I have a hard time being completely honest to lads (no idea why!)

Now, I know that you're thinking "why not just have a relationship?"
It's just because I don't want any of the stuff that goes with them. Literally just someone to chat to. That probably sounds selfish but whatever. Samantha from the film 'Her' would be ideal. Any advice or input?
EDIT: One of my friends just used a word which simplifies what I'm looking for: platonic

Sorry for the soppiest post ever,
-Leo
(edited 9 years ago)
aww this is so so cute , i definately understand where you are coming from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending