Scroll to see replies

Bristol UWE and Manchester Met.
Reply 2
Original post by Sanctimonious
Bristol UWE and Manchester Met.

Manchester Met? Surely not?
Original post by Gabriel96
Manchester Met? Surely not?

Did they not teach you sarcasm at school?
Original post by Gabriel96
Which universities have the poshest students? The most rah types? The usual suspects of course, but surely there's other universities that have a lot of these types...

London met, OP is that your type? :colone:
Durham posh preppies who are burthurt over their oxford rejection :yep:

You gotta love the preppies, they play rugby, go sailing every weekend wear sweatshirts, and they have these cool barrelled surnames like Chauncey-Hamilton or Montague-Douglas-Scott

And they are so rah. They think the world is theirs since they live off their sugar daddy (Actual daddy's money) and sport Abercrombie & Fitch.

Also every preppy girl think that they look like Serena van der Woodsen whereas they are more like the girls that you vote as NOT on hotornot.com

For reference those who knew TSR user "Consumed by Stuff" his mother couldn't keep her legs closed - and guess where she went Newcastle xx
(edited 9 years ago)
inb4 Newcastle
Is 'rah' still a word then?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Is 'rah' still a word then?

Gosh, not heard that term for a few years now!

Do the posh students are university still wear Canterbury of New Zealand tracksuit bottoms, with the girls having intentionally styled messy hair?
Reply 9
I always considered Oxbridge, Durham, Bristol, Newcastle, St Andrews and Edinburgh to be the big ones with rah and posh types but would places like University of Hertfordshire be up there too because of where it is although it isn't a top uni? I went to a "posh" public school (don't hate me :colondollar:) and the standards where people applied to were Newcastle, Bristol and Leeds.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Durham posh preppies who are burthurt over their oxford rejection :yep:

Haha! I know a few people who went and are going to Durham. They never applied for Oxford or Cambridge... I don't see what's so great about those universities. All they say to me is "boring". I heard that even their freshers week isn't even that great, and the following week everyone's huddled up in the library... Neither even offer the course I'm going to do at a different university, if they did, I know I would get in but I'd never apply to those. I'd stick out like a sore thumb :ahee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Brizzle and Durham are the classics, Leeds if they like a bit of Charlie.
Can anyone tell me what 'rah' is?
Inb4 Durham
Brunel.
Reply 15
Original post by Le Nombre
Brizzle and Durham are the classics, Leeds if they like a bit of Charlie.

Edinburgh or Newcastle were always the alternative to Bristol and Durham with the rah types I knew :tongue:
Original post by ChickenMadness

Certain kind of public school kid. Lots of Jack Wills/A&F/Ralph Lauren, generally quite confident, often sporty.

If you take a look at men's rugby and women's hockey you'll get a good idea. I can do a decent impression because I played rugby, but my accent gives away that I in fact went to a comp.
Original post by ChickenMadness

People who wear Jack Wills and A&F at university. They care more about labels than actually looking good. If they had any sense they'd have spent the money on suits because suits are cool.
Durham and Bristol.

Ofc there are lot of different types of people at these unis but I know quite a few 'rahs' at these
Exeter and Durham.

Latest