The Student Room Group

Why do pro-palestinian supporters always end up being violent?

Here are French pro-palestinain supporters smashing up the place.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ca_1405852025

Even in Canada I saw a protest there on one side of the street you had pro-Israelis waving flags and dancing to music in support of Israel - whilst on the other side of the street a hate mob shouting "death to" this and that and eventually getting arrested.

Is it perhaps a window into the realities of the conflict? where the 'palestinians' are in fact the aggressors?

They smashed up shops in London a couple of years ago during a protest. How can their followers always be so violent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chindits
Here are French pro-palestinain supporters smashing up the place.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6ca_1405852025

Even in Canada I saw a protest there on one side of the street you had pro-Israelis waving flags and dancing to music in support of Israel - whilst on the other side of the street a hate mob shouting "death to" this and that and eventually getting arrested.

Is it perhaps a window into the realities of the conflict? where the 'palestinians' are in fact the aggressors?

They smashed up shops in London a couple of years ago during a protest. How can their followers always be so violent?

So i take it you have met all pro Palestine supporters and been to all the protests to make such a claim?
Reply 2
I've noticed that most riots in the Middle East tend to have someone at the front in a Manchester United shirt.
Violence is usually a sign of a lost argument.
Reply 4
Original post by College_Dropout
So i take it you have met all pro Palestine supporters and been to all the protests to make such a claim?

Oh great, it's this view again. :rolleyes:

"Have you met all....blah blah blah"

"Do you know all blah blah blah"

I'm looking for an adult conversation, not a teenage one.

Have you met all teenagers?
"I'm looking for an adult conversation, not a teenage one."

Good luck with that round here Chindy. 😊

You a get a teenage conversation when you make stupid teenage comments.
Reply 8
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Violence is usually a sign of a lost argument.

I was thinking that.

I've seen many of these videos and the pro-Israel ones are like singing folk songs and waving flags.

The pro-palestinian ones are always so hate-filled. Even if they don't turn to outright violence, the chanting is despicable.

In Berlin yesterday they were chanting "come out Jewish pigs" and "burn Jewish pigs"

Here another one where pro-Israelis are attacked by pro-palestinians in the US

More riots by pro-palestinians in Europe

I can't speak for all pro-Palestinian supporters, but I've never heard of them murdering 4 children on the beach.
I was thinking that.

I've seen many of these videos and the pro-Israel ones are like singing folk songs and waving flags.

The pro-palestinian ones are always so hate-filled. Even if they don't turn to outright violence, the chanting is despicable.

In Berlin yesterday they were chanting "come out Jewish pigs" and "burn Jewish pigs"

Personally I'm struggling to see the difference between being pro-Palestinian and blatant antisemitism; seems a lot of support for Palestine comes from hatred of Jews and Israel.

To use a crude analogy it's like if Man United were playing Everton, I'd support Everton because I hate them less, not because I actually support them.
Why is the US/Israeli governments violent?

*Posts multiple YouTube videos to support my statement*

/thread
Reply 12
Well, if I was I told most of your land was taken, you have no infrastructure, no passports so you cannot leave, forcefully being removed from your lands, being constantly invaded, little sympathy from the big powers, children being murdered, being defenceless and being told that your former land is being developed on, I can seem to understand where a lot of this anger is coming from.

They've only been protesting since 1947
Maybe it is because they are angry? Because many of them have family who are suffering and scared for their lives and homes? Because the governments who are meant to protect them are doing nothing?

If violence is the sign of a lost argument, then both sides lost a long time ago, but Israel lost much more convincingly.
Reply 14
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Personally I'm struggling to see the difference between being pro-Palestinian and blatant antisemitism; seems a lot of support for Palestine comes from hatred of Jews and Israel.

To use a crude analogy it's like if Man United were playing Everton, I'd support Everton because I hate them less, not because I actually support them.

Yeah, I think most Israelis know that - but then the pro-palestinians use what I describe as the anti-anti-semitic card.

Whereby pro-palestinian supporters will accuse pro-Israelis of using the anti-semitic card in an attempt to then undermine their legitimate concerns about anti-semitism.

And of course then you have the classic- "we're not anti-semitic, we're anti-zionist" line which again, pro-Israelis know is bull.

You know, sometimes they say it's always best to look at who your friend's friends are to judge their character. I see pro-palestinian supporters and then I look at how pro-Israelis behave and see a massive difference.

Original post by King Hotpie
I can't speak for all pro-Palestinian supporters, but I've never heard of them murdering 4 children on the beach.

Does it have to specifically be a beach?

Ma'alot school massacre - 22 kids killed
http://www.standwithus.com/news/article.asp?id=1858

Dolphinarium disco attack - 21 teenagers killed

Murder of three Israeli boys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers

Itamar attack - 3 kids killed including a 3 month old baby being decapitated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itamar_attack
Reply 15
Original post by Jubz1
Well, if I was I told most of your land was taken, you have no infrastructure, no passports so you cannot leave, forcefully being removed from your lands

Sorry, how does this justify French Muslims, American Muslims, German Muslims etc from smashing up their own neighbourhoods and attacking pro-Israeli groups?
Sorry, how does this justify French Muslims, American Muslims, German Muslims etc from smashing up their own neighbourhoods and attacking pro-Israeli groups?

Who said you had to be Muslim to be pro-Palestinian?
Reply 17

It's not a justification, in this day and age, people SHOULD demonstrate peacefully but frustration leads to anger. People have been protesting since 1947... It's only gotten worse.

I'm not saying it's right, only that I can understand the anger. Also, I highly doubt all of them were Muslims so stop classing it as such.
Reply 18
Original post by Jubz1
It's not a justification, in this day and age, people SHOULD demonstrate peacefully but frustration leads to anger. People have been protesting since 1947... It's only gotten worse.

I'm not saying it's right, only that I can understand the anger. Also, I highly doubt all of them were Muslims so stop classing it as such.

Ah right, so in that case one could argue the pro-Israelis have a right to be angry for the 100 years of attacks by Arabs against them? for the suicide bombings and rocket attacks?

Should they start smashing up the place too?

Why don't they? is there something inherently militant about the pro-palestinain cause? something inherently violent?
Original post by Blues Clues
Who said you had to be Muslim to be pro-Palestinian?

He didn't say that, he was merely pointing out some groups that were.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending