The Student Room Group

Refuse a conditional offer by lying about IELTS results?

Hey there!

So this is my problem: I applied through UCAS to study English and Linguistics, next 24th July I will have to choose my firm and insurance choices, and I'd like to make Manchester Metropolitan (conditional: they ask for IELTS 6.5) my firm and Brighton (unconditional) my insurance.
The thing is I already completed one year course of University in a different country so, when applying to study in the UK, I asked these Unis whether they'd consider the possibility for me to get straight into 2nd year and they said I first needed to reply to my offers and then send them my transcript (that will be ready after 24th July!) in order to make a decision for me. But now I'm so confused! What if I meet the requirements of my conditional offer and then they say they won't accept my transfer into 2nd year, while Brighton would?
I thought that, in case Brighton accepts my transfer, I could lie to my Manchester about my IELTS results and say I didn't pass the test...unless they require evidence of it, and this way I would go back to my insurance choice!
Do you know if I need to forward my Ielts results though not having passed the text or I can just tell them that I failed meeting the requirements?

Thank you very much!
Reply 1
Basically I just want to know if asking my firm conditional choice to reject me would enable me to go to my insurance (which is unconditional).
Original post by gtd93
Hey there!

So this is my problem: I applied through UCAS to study English and Linguistics, next 24th July I will have to choose my firm and insurance choices, and I'd like to make Manchester Metropolitan (conditional: they ask for IELTS 6.5) my firm and Brighton (unconditional) my insurance.
The thing is I already completed one year course of University in a different country so, when applying to study in the UK, I asked these Unis whether they'd consider the possibility for me to get straight into 2nd year and they said I first needed to reply to my offers and then send them my transcript (that will be ready after 24th July!) in order to make a decision for me. But now I'm so confused! What if I meet the requirements of my conditional offer and then they say they won't accept my transfer into 2nd year, while Brighton would?
I thought that, in case Brighton accepts my transfer, I could lie to my Manchester about my IELTS results and say I didn't pass the test...unless they require evidence of it, and this way I would go back to my insurance choice!
Do you know if I need to forward my Ielts results though not having passed the text or I can just tell them that I failed meeting the requirements?

Thank you very much!

Simply tell them that you didn't take ielts. They will never ask the reason but if they ask then tell them I don't have money to pay ielts fee :wink: They will step back :wink:
Reply 3
But I wouldn't go into clearing, would I? I don't want them to release me, just to reject me :afraid:
Original post by gtd93
Basically I just want to know if asking my firm conditional choice to reject me would enable me to go to my insurance (which is unconditional).

Yes. And don't lie. It's never the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending