The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are all whiny threads from men about women due to lack of sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fat_hobbit
And with that statement you have hit the nail in the coffin.

I think a huge reason why a lot of these guys are unsuccessful is because they are 'needy' like hell. Which is understandable as you get to the point of desperation by that point.

An attractive man is a man who doesn't need women in his life to be happy. Rather he does his own thing, and he meets likeminded women along the way.

this guy is reasonable

good on yeh bro!
Getting laid isn't even that hard. Christ
Original post by Maker
Put it this way, if I was having sex every night, I would not start whiny threads about how all women hate men and always putting them down.

I have never seen such a thread on TSR.

If you mean posts that disagree with feminism, I think the people have a dislike of feminism not a dislike of women. I know plenty women who are firmly against feminism, disliking feminism doesn't mean you hate women.

Are these people all whiny little boys who can't get laid too?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Greg Jackson
elliot rodgers couldn't get laid and he was a good looking guy, he must of given off a proper cereal killer vibe

It was certainly the vibe he gave off, its possible he was on the autistic spectrum as well. But it was also because he made no interaction with women anyway, he just expected them to come up to him and want to sleep with him.
Reply 64
Or maybe rejection just sucks?

Companionship is a very basic human need, and if you starve people of it, they go loopy. By going on the threads on TSR, it seems to be difficult for many guys in particular to obtain. That is simply due to suppy and demand, a hot girl is going to have the pick of the boys, so she is obviously going to pick the guy who offers her the most emotionally and materialistically.

This thread is a bit silly to be honest, if anything I feel bad for these guys, the loneliness must kill them.

Saying that, if you are struggling to get girls, you have to ask yourself why? And find ways to make yourself more attractive - attractiveness is not all about looks by the way.

Or stop trying to punch above your weight? Plain girls need love too!:cool:
Nah. Just feminism.

Fight the feminists! :fuhrer:
Original post by Cobbler
Or stop trying to punch above your weight? Plain girls need love too!:cool:

Ironically, the nastiest girls I have ever met are the one's who are plain. (they still can get sex easy btw)

Their insecurities get the better of them.

My mate who uses guys for free meals on dates is this type. She does it because aside of the free meal, the validation that comes with it.
Original post by Greg Jackson
elliot rodgers couldn't get laid and he was a good looking guy, he must of given off a proper cereal killer vibe

He was a manlet though. Seriously. When will they learn?
Reply 68
Original post by markyb76
I have never seen such a thread on TSR.

Thats an argument from ignorance.
Reply 69

Finally, stop making women sound like the victims. Part of the reason why this problem exists, is because a lot of women are extremely picky because they are spoilt for choice. I know girls for example, who abuse this. One friend of mine, she leads guys on just to get a free meal out of them on dates.

What problem? There is no problem. You're single/ you were single for a long time. It's not a problem. It's not 'feminism'. It's life.

I really can't believe the mentality of people on this thread, on TSR and (scarily) in this world. Why can't I be picky?? Men are picky. Women are picky. Why would anybody go out with somebody who they're not attracted to physically and personality wise? Just so you can be happy?

We are not 'spoilt for choice'. There is approximately a 50/50 male to female ratio in this country. Believe it or not, there are also single women out there. We do not all automatically get Ryan Gosling-like boyfriends when we hit puberty.

I was single for a long time and I liked people who didn't like me back. Yes, it sucked because rejection sucks. But I didn't go around blaming the opposite sex.
Just because some people disagree with modern day, western feminism, doesn't automatically mean they have no sex life. Yeah, some of them probably don't. It's still a boring straw man to read. You have no idea what their personal life is like, unless they post and tell you.
White Knight thread.
Original post by NathanW18
Just because some people disagree with modern day, western feminism, doesn't automatically mean they have no sex life. Yeah, some of them probably don't. It's still a boring straw man to read. You have no idea what their personal life is like, unless they post and tell you.

Your completely right.... do people reckon radical feminist's get sex constantly? Surprised a man would go anywhere near them.

By that skewed logic we can presume all feminist's don't get sex which is why they hate men so much :dance:
Original post by Rodger
You fools will never understand what it is like to suffer. You sit atop your ivory towers of 'sex' and 'relationships', and laugh at those who attempt to clamber up to the top. If only I could convince you of the fallacy of your arguments.

Oh my what an account name..
Original post by DanB1991
Your completely right.... do people reckon radical feminist's get sex constantly? Surprised a man would go anywhere near them.

By that skewed logic we can presume all feminist's don't get sex which is why they hate men so much :dance:

I have seen that used in reverse and it's just as bad. It's mostly men being accused of being virgins and unable to get laid. It's basically trolling, because it adds nothing to the discussion.
Original post by Maker
Thats an argument from ignorance.

Quote me a few if they are so abundant? Show me some where males claim that "all women hate men".

There are plenty that disagree and call out feminism, to claim that all women are feminists and all feminists hate men is just ridiculous. Or are you just generalising and stereotyping a whole gender?
Original post by NathanW18
I have seen that used in reverse and it's just as bad. It's mostly men being accused of being virgins and unable to get laid. It's basically trolling, because it adds nothing to the discussion.

Precisely, it's just name calling and has no place in a ideological discussion.
Reply 77
Or are you just generalising and stereotyping a whole gender?

According to social mores, "generalising and stereotyping a whole gender" is fine provided that gender is "men". All men are pigs, all men are the same, all men are shallow bastards, all men are after one thing. Totally fine. It's only unacceptable if the target gender is "women", then you are like a Nazi.

Now that is the real legacy of feminism.
Original post by Maker
There quite a few threads on TSR about how men are being oppressed, disadvantaged and mistreated by women and feminists.

I was wondering if it all boils down to the thread starters having problems forming intimate relationships with women because they are entitled whiny little boys.

You ever consider that some people are capable of pointing out and discussing the flaws with modern feminist movements (as opposed to idealised feminism) without actually hating women, nor having problems getting laid/having relationships with them?

But I get it: blanket ad hominems are less cognitively demanding.

I will say, though, that I do find the clearly misogynistic threads, as opposed to the ones which raise fair points of discussion, very offputting. It's also clear that some users have nothing better to do than post thread after thread JUST about feminism which - though I can see why it engenders as much attention as it does - surely cannot be the only topic of interest for any normal, mentally sound person?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 79
Quote me a few if they are so abundant? Show me some where males claim that "all women hate men".

There are plenty that disagree and call out feminism, to claim that all women are feminists and all feminists hate men is just ridiculous. Or are you just generalising and stereotyping a whole gender?

You don't understand. I said your argument is from ignorance, this does not imply there are such threads.

Latest

Trending

Trending