The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1
Sussex isn't the most formal of universities :smile:.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
If you are part of a sports society there's the Sports Ball in the Summer term. Apart from that I don't know of any others. Law might have a Ball, or Medicine. Medicine probably does. But apart from that there aren't any, and the Freshers ball is just a big party, incase anyone was confused by the name. Definitely informal like you say.

you could always organise some, though.
Reply 3
Lawyers and Medics have them. LifeSci had one at the end of last year. SocCul will probably do something this year. Uh...apart from that, you're more likely to end up at 'free parties' than formal events...
I don't remember SocCul doing anything except occasionally meeting in the Dharma. I remember they gave out free beer for some reason. I was on to that like a flash.
I think Media Practice kids get an Awards Ceremony! That's probably a classy event :smile:
Graduation ball, innit?

I want to wear a tux somewhere, I just think i'd look cute in one!
Reply 7
Yeah, Sussex isn't really a formal ball type of uni, it's not like Oxbridge where there's a million balls a year. Some departments have socials, informal do's rather than balls- I know IR rented out a bar last year, I really want English to have some kind of a big social this year as it's such a massive department, but typically I'm too lazy to do anything about it!
Reply 8
hmm lil bit of a shame-everyone loves an excuse to dress up right! maybe we just throw some big parties and impose a formal dress code!lol-as im also sure ill be far too lazy to organise owt! :smile:
Reply 9
mipmapped
Sussex isn't the most formal of universities :smile:.

:biggrin: Yay! That's what I like to hear.
:frown: But I like to get all dressed up when I go out for a shim...

Ah well! :smile:
But I like to get all dressed up when I go out for a shim...

Ah well!

Hey, it's Brighton, you can wear whatever you like and most likely people won't look twice ( except for the right reasons).
Oh good! Heels ahoy then! :biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea what the timetable is gona be like for freshers week? Like whats on and stuff??
Reply 13
rach13
I know IR rented out a bar last year...

Most. Drunk. (around people I didn't really know except in classes and stuff) Ever. :rolleyes:

Seriously, £2 for a double vodka & mixer. :biggrin:
Caterpillar Girl
Oh good! Heels ahoy then! :biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea what the timetable is gona be like for freshers week? Like whats on and stuff??

Last years was online for a bit, but seems to have disappeared now. Probably because they're updating it.
Reply 15
Last years timetable is still available at www.ussu.info/freshers. Sill waiting for this years to appear!!

Steph
Reply 16
Wise One
Most. Drunk. (around people I didn't really know except in classes and stuff) Ever. :rolleyes:

Seriously, £2 for a double vodka & mixer. :biggrin:

Yeah my friend who does IR came back pretty drunk and amusing that night. I am jealous of departments with socials!
Hi everyone,

During my election campaign, I promised to organise more formal balls at Sussex. This is something I am working on at the moment; hopefully we will have the following:

Winter Ball
Spring Fling
Summer Bash

The Freshers' Ball and Grad Ball are also included!

Hope this helps. In other news, THE WEBSITE IS FINALLY ONLINE AT www.ussu.info/freshers. Go check it out!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending