The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know someone who averaged 89 in Maths.
Reply 2
I don't think anybody has ever had 100%.
Reply 3
Original post by David B
I don't think anybody has ever had 100%.

Not even in media studies? :smile:)))
I know people in my year who got in the low 90s for certain exams (albeit this is in the first year of the pharmacy degree).
Depends on what uni doesn't it? I mean a Cambridge student could probably get a high score at UEL.
im pretty sure i heard a chinese student mistaking oxford brookes for oxford and got 100% in everything.
Original post by carlos10000

Probably harder, since getting 100% on an essay is functionally impossible.
Reply 8
I've heard of people getting 97% in a maths degree.

I did media and it's impossible to get a 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kabulkid
im pretty sure i heard a chinese student mistaking oxford brookes for oxford and got 100% in everything.

So he mistakenly applied for the wrong university, got to the wrong university, then stayed there for THREE YEARS while he completed his exams and didn't realize he was in a ****e university instead of one of the best in the world?

Don't.Talk.****.
Original post by physicso
So he mistakenly applied for the wrong university, got to the wrong university, then stayed there for THREE YEARS while he completed his exams and didn't realize he was in a ****e university instead of one of the best in the world?

Don't.Talk.****.

yes, he did exactly that. i know i found it odd as well.
Reply 12

Are you Karl Pilkington? :smile:

I had 90.1% GPA in Computer Science. In my final year I reached the level where I could write a fully functional Assembly program from scratch and make it more efficient then the most optimised c++ compiler.
I know someone personally that got 89.7% overall in physics. It's theoretical so easier to get a higher %.
Does anyone know what the highest ever average score was for a first class degree? I heard of someone having 85per cent average, anyone know what the record is, anyone had 100%?

The person who comes top in cambridge maths is given 100 percent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Science degrees: common to see extremely high marks, common to see very low marks
Humanities degrees: uncommon to see extremely high marks, uncommon to see very low marks

By the above observation, you'll find the highest marks awarded in things like maths and physics, as others have pointed out
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
The person who comes top in cambridge maths is given 100 percent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really?
I do economics at Leeds Met and I've never known anybody to get above 85 in the years I've been here.
Reply 18
yes, he did exactly that. i know i found it odd as well.

I'd love to see a source for this urban myth...
I'm averaging around 85% in Biomedical Sciences.

I've heard rumors of another student averaging 93% in Chemistry, and another averaging 89% in Physics, not sure how valid these claims are as the sources are hardly reliable.

Latest

Trending

Trending