The Student Room Group

i dont want to be friends with her anymore...

I'll keep this short. A girl I like is a British born Muslim but her parents are really strict, she can only date Muslim guys etc etc... She was raised like this and obviously has no issue with it, although she does find other coloured guys attractive. Now, I REALLY like this girl, we even flirt around a little. But it's at the stage now that I don't want to be her friend anymore because I know I'd only end up feeling like **** seeing as our relationship can't develop...am I wrong for feeling like this?

Imagine really liking someone, seeing them often, having a good relationship with them but knowing you can never actually be with them...
Reply 1
Cut ties, move on. Her religion is obviously important to her. And no you are not wrong for feeling that way, most people would react like this, its hard to see anyone you have feelings for moving on or finding someone else that is not you. You're normal bro.

Cut contact, go out with your friends and move on. Plenty of other great girls.
Reply 2
It's never going to work because there is too much of a difference in cultures. That would clash later on. You like her a lot so the best thing is to distance yourself from her and not to hang out as much. You're not obliged to spend time with her and even if it stings a little, you'll both be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending