The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Join your uni's CU if they are suitable: you will find lots of like-minded people there who would be willing to wait :smile:
It doesnt kill your vibe at all. I know guys who go out and get off with guys and not have sex, and i know guys who go out and just party the night away. You wont be the only person at uni with these opinions believe me. Theres a lot more students about compared to school with a lot more diversity. You'll be fine, just dont whatever you do go out and preach your opinions to everyone else. Thats a surefire way to make yourself a social reject. Otherwise, nah you'll be fine. This whole people go out and have sex every other night or a lot isnt as common as you'd think and is over represented in TV programs showing uni life.
Reply 3
Is it really so easy to get laid in university? I wonder...
No it is an obligation that everyone has to have sex at university.

But seriously there are a lot of people who don't have sex at uni either though choice or otherwise. And there are definitely other religious people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
There are Christians who don't have sex at probably every university.

Not having sex won't kill your socially life.

If you tell anyone you have health issues or you drink a lot that will, especially if people are jealous for whatever reason.
Original post by Senecaa

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Senecaa

If you're the kind of person who could 'easily' pull on a night out and get sex before university, you will remain that person, should you wish to.

If, however, you weren't able to do that before university, becoming a student will not magically 'cure' you and you will remain celibate.

Going to university does not automatically cure social awkwardness/lack of ability to woo the opposite sex.
Reply 8
Sadly, the answer is yes as I can testify - although in my case not by choice.

Just join the CU and you will meet some like minded folk. And with a bit of luck temptation will rear it's ugly head and you will turn to more sinful ways and get your oats. Celebacy is over rated.
You'll be fine, I'm also not doing anything till marriage and it honestly hasn't affected my ability to hang out with anyone, regardless of whether or not I know them from church. If you just find a good church and/or join your CU but also stay true to what you believe (it'll definitely be tempting not to) you'll have no problem!
Thanks for all of the replays folks!

Well adding a little more to the story, I had major issues with addiction, and recently spent time in recovery, before hand I was social I spent slot of time partying but sex wasn't my number 1 priority, I definitely wasn't socially awkward and I liked 'pulling' I've been away for 3 years so to tell the truth I don't know what I'm like socially (if that makes sense) honestly I enjoy the presence of a girl and I really enjoy flirting, but for me I want to save the commitment for the most special person in my life. But at the same time I want to be able to date and take girls for a good time. From what I see society has really amplified sex in the last 5 years. I'm the last person to judge with my background so I hope I won't come across as 'up my self' just a little anxious.
Reply 11
Just bring some crocs and you'll be fine
Reply 12
I successfully got through university without having sex, so clearly it's perfectly possible.

As others have said, joining the CU/appropriate group for your denomination (CU may well not be right for you if you're not an evangelical Christian) will help you meet other like-minded people :yep:
It won't kill your social life because it's not as if people will deny you of friendship because you're not sexually active. However, with regards to dating it depends on the type of girls you meet. There are few girls that I know who want to save sex until marriage but I also know a select few who do. I'm sure any girl would respect your views though and if they don't then they aren't worth it. There will be people who have the same views as yourself and like others have said the majority of them will be found in the Christian Union. Don't worry about it too much though, there are so many things going on at university and people having/ not having sex is a minute and trivial matter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Senecaa

It depends. Are you good at pulling now? If so, you will be in your element at uni. If you're not, that is unlikely to change. Unless you massively change. Many virgins seem to think that uni is an easy place to get laid. It is if you're good with women. If you're not, you're still going to struggle.
Thanks for all of the replays folks!

Well adding a little more to the story, I had major issues with addiction, and recently spent time in recovery, before hand I was social I spent slot of time partying but sex wasn't my number 1 priority, I definitely wasn't socially awkward and I liked 'pulling' I've been away for 3 years so to tell the truth I don't know what I'm like socially (if that makes sense) honestly I enjoy the presence of a girl and I really enjoy flirting, but for me I want to save the commitment for the most special person in my life. But at the same time I want to be able to date and take girls for a good time. From what I see society has really amplified sex in the last 5 years. I'm the last person to judge with my background so I hope I won't come across as 'up my self' just a little anxious.
Reply 16
Yeah you can. I've been at uni for 4 years. Despite what you may hear on here (and believe me, TSR paints a very deceiving image), the university experience might not turn out as you expect. People won't pressure you into anything, people tend to keep to themselves and are really mature and professional when it comes to giving others their personal space (in my experience). People don't make a big deal out of things like this. It's only as big a deal as you make it.
Reply 17
Original post by NathanW18
It depends. Are you good at pulling now? If so, you will be in your element at uni. If you're not, that is unlikely to change. Unless you massively change. Many virgins seem to think that uni is an easy place to get laid. It is if you're good with women. If you're not, you're still going to struggle.

well I can pull if I want to & am in the mood. & i'm always in the mood :angry::angry::colone:
Genuinely will not affect you whatsoever. I have been with my partner since before I joined uni so obviously I wasn't sleeping around. I had a fairly active social life regardless during freshers...was flirted with a number of times/asked out too lol which was all flattering nonetheless :P

I think just don't be one of those people who is like "Oh, I don't do this, or this, or this..." like as soon as you meet people. Not saying you would, but I find some people do that because they're nervous or whatever and it makes them look stuck-up and boring. It's always better to just go and do what you DO like to do and talk about what you DO like and so on and if something comes up that you wouldn't like to engage in whatever it may be just decline politely and feel free to explain why if you want - though you also owe nobody explanations either.
Original post by Aula
I successfully got through university without having sex, so clearly it's perfectly possible.

As others have said, joining the CU/appropriate group for your denomination (CU may well not be right for you if you're not an evangelical Christian) will help you meet other like-minded people :yep:

Jesus christ people are talking about sex like in some sort of affliction or something lol , is this the 19th century.

OP its not like every girl is going to be attempting to pull down your trousers , if you make it clear your not interested in sex girls arent going to bother.

Activate dat virginity forcefield.

Latest

Trending

Trending