The Student Room Group

What body shape is cheryl cole considered? an hourglass? Or not?

I have on some sites they call her an hourglass despite her measurements being 34C-23-33. I'm wondering because I notice her top has the same upward curves more extreme. Why or why not? Why do some people think this shape is an hourglass?

So which shape do you think she'd be?
http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/shape-guides/body-shapes-overview.php

I think these two shapes describe her best.

http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/shape-guides/the-neat-hourglass.php

http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/shape-guides/the-inverted-triangle.php
She has all the qualifications for a neat hourglass seemingly except that htop and bottom being the same size in clothes. Likely her top half is bigger in clothing size but not by a lot because of her waistline. Otherwise one could argue all other requirements fit. She has bust and hips and shoulders at least 10 inches bigger than the waistline and her butt's not flat. Along with her hips being curved compared to her waistline. And all so I'm torn between the two.

But for inverted triangle her waist is too defined she doesn't have a cluttered look and her hips and bottom aren't flat. But she definitely has the top heavy proportions shoulders to hips and bust to hips that inverted triangles have so I'm torn.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

She's a 28F for one, and yeah she looks pretty hourglass. Why all the body shape threads?
Reply 2
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
She's a 28F for one, and yeah she looks pretty hourglass. Why all the body shape threads?

Really she does?

I ask this question because she's my body shape twin. The only difference is that she has a bust size of a 34C which is my sister size at a 32D. I never really knew her measurements until I looked up a list of specific celebrities.

I also saw kate middleton refered to as an hourglass. Same bottom half. I thought the hips were too small.
Over here when you talk about hourglass people will post salma hayek halle berry Beyoncé or kim kardashian even. Not women like these. They're both beautiful I just am now a tad confused how she is similar to those mentioned above.
(edited 9 years ago)
Cheryl Cole is gorgeous.
Surely her hips are bigger than that? :gasp:
Reply 5
She's a 28F for one

How do you know these sorts of things. :eek:
Original post by Justagirl20
Really she does?

I ask this question because she's my body shape twin. The only difference is that she has a bust size of a 34C which is my sister size at a 32D. I never really knew her measurements until I looked up a list of specific celebrities.

I also saw kate middleton refered to as an hourglass. Same bottom half. I thought the hips were too small.
Over here when you talk about hourglass people will post salma hayek halle berry Beyoncé or kim kardashian even. Not women like these. They're both beautiful I just am now a tad confused how she is similar to those mentioned above.

Not all hourglasses look the same. You can be a wider hourglass (like Kim K) or a more willowy hourglass, like Cheryl.

Original post by 8472
How do you know these sorts of things. :eek:

I know a lot about bras and bra sizes, and that Bravissimo (where I learned) put Cheryl at a 28F
Reply 7
Original post by Maid Marian
Surely her hips are bigger than that? :gasp:

no her hips are 33" 23" waist and 37" bust. On most websites. Her dimensions are 37-23-33. Her hips are wide compared to the hips but they don't balance out the shoulders or bust. But in clothing she has an hourglass silhouette it seems to me.

As you can see here

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8

I know a lot about bras and bra sizes, and that Bravissimo (where I learned) put Cheryl at a 28F

You live up to "TSR's boobologist" then.
Reply 9
Not all hourglasses look the same. You can be a wider hourglass (like Kim K) or a more willowy hourglass, like Cheryl.

oh ok. Thank you that explains a lot for me.
Reply 10
Nah, not hourglass. She's petite and slim. Other than that, there's nothing to add.
Not an hourglass
Original post by Stinkum
Nah, not hourglass. She's petite and slim. Other than that, there's nothing to add.

hourglass isn't a size. It's a shape.

I wouldn't call her petit either she's heavy enough to give blood over here. That's larger for a short woman. She's full bodied. But that's just how I see it. I consider myself full bodied so it's nothing against her.
Gorgeous, that's what body shape she is.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Cheryl Cole is gorgeous.

Anyone with a pulse is gorgeous to you lets be real
Original post by Marky Mark
Anyone with a pulse is gorgeous to you lets be real

Strange post.
Reply 16
Original post by Justagirl20
hourglass isn't a size. It's a shape.

I wouldn't call her petit either she's heavy enough to give blood over here. That's larger for a short woman. She's full bodied. But that's just how I see it. I consider myself full bodied so it's nothing against her.

I know that. But she's definitely not curvy or hourglass! You can easily tell form the photos. She just doesn't really have any curves...because she's slim. She is petite btw. Certainly not full-bodied!

Btw this is all good, I'm not saying her body is bad, it's like a 9/10. I think it's weird how people would consider her hourglass shaped/'curvy'.
She isnt hourglass or curvy, no.
Original post by Stinkum
I know that. But she's definitely not curvy or hourglass! You can easily tell form the photos. She just doesn't really have any curves...because she's slim. She is petite btw. Certainly not full-bodied!

Btw this is all good, I'm not saying her body is bad, it's like a 9/10. I think it's weird how people would consider her hourglass shaped/'curvy'.

she's a 34C.... And her waist to hip ratio is below .7.

But I can agree her hips don't look curvy I've noticed a lot of people with 33 inch hips don't though.

but isn't Candice swanepoel curvy?
Original post by Stinkum

Her waist is smaller than her boobs and hips, it has curves..

Quick Reply

Latest