The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Masters in Management

Hey Guys,

I am an International undergrad student from Kent and planning on applying to LSE for 2015. Got a low 2.1 in my second year BA(Hons) A&F, although I have relevant internships to support my application.

Was wondering what are my possibilities for an admission, for MiM or Msc Management and HR perhaps ?

Really need help in deciding should or should I not apply to LSE. Any advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Sosa9397
Hey Guys,

I am an International undergrad student from Kent and planning on applying to LSE for 2015. Got a low 2.1 in my second year BA(Hons) A&F, although I have relevant internships to support my application.

Was wondering what are my possibilities for an admission, for MiM or Msc Management and HR perhaps ?

Really need help in deciding should or should I not apply to LSE. Any advice would be highly appreciated.Thanks :smile::smile::smile:

I'm assuming it's this programme? http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2014/MScManagement.aspx

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2014/MScManagementAndHumanResources.aspx

The latter requires just a 2.1 and doesn't specify what mark whereas the former says a first or a high 2.1. I can't see any harm in applying but as they are both fairly competitive programmes I wouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
In my experience, masters students at LSE tend to be from Russell Group universities or the equivalent from abroad, or else have high firsts from other universities, unfortunately. It certainly won't hurt to apply, but you'd need a very strong academic record (which could be possible to achieve in your third year) or else, it's possible that your internships might help if they are particularly impressive and unusual.
Reply 3
Hey Sosa, well as far as i know, LSE is pretty strict with academics and a good academic record is one of the things LSE really searches for in its prospective students.

Additionally LSE's MiM program is quite focused on the theoretical part of business as can be understood from its it's core philosophy "Analyzing the cause of things".

Also on its site you can find it is looking for "Academically minded" students, so well in short a low CGPA can send a wrong signal to the admission committee, but there are several ways to account for this

1) As you said you could do some internships and make the other parts of your profile stronger, this would especially help if you work at some impressive companies
2) ​You can give the GMAT or some other exam and get a high score in that, removing any doubts about your academic prowess
3) Maybe a summer program or another part time course, to strengthen your profile

Also i would suggest trying in schools such as LBS, HEC, ESCP, IE which are not so stringent on the academics.
You can check out http://www.mim-essay.com/lse-mim-program-review.html for a review on the LSE MiM and a rundown of the skills they are searching for in prospective MiM students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending