The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's their site, they can do whatever they like.
Reply 21
Original post by JamJam87
omg Spotty! :rofl:

and the CTAM thing, thats dumb :colonhash:

Hey Jammy :smile:

I thought that was a bit dumb, nasty and insulting to the forum members who do contribute to the DS variant of CTAM

After all one edit like that will mess up the whole thread!

Thank goodness for rule 16b :biggrin:

I'm now even more determined (a) not to join DS again, and (b) to beat them on our own CTAM.
Original post by spotify95
Hey Jammy :smile:

I thought that was a bit dumb, nasty and insulting to the forum members who do contribute to the DS variant of CTAM

After all one edit like that will mess up the whole thread!

Thank goodness for rule 16b :biggrin:

I'm now even more determined (a) not to join DS again, and (b) to beat them on our own CTAM.

they may be mods but they should have some sense! :facepalm:

lol! they will be 16bing a lot! :frown:

good good Spotty! :biggrin: haha! yeah! i havent been counting! :frown: sorry
i could count now but will as Jammy be ok???

:hugs:
Original post by Sanctimonious
I used to mod on Digital Spy and it was a nightmare. Then the whole thing changed in terms of layout and after a short while that was it for me. It was a great forum back in the day but nothing special anymore. I had plenty of good friends on there as well that I'd met in person etc and even they packed it in.
What was your username there? Or did you use the DS Forum Support account?
Reply 24
Original post by pinkteddyx64
What was your username there? Or did you use the DS Forum Support account?

Chances are, the DS FS account. Which isn't really any good there as the vast majority of moderators who use that DS FS account, have no sense in moderating. Hence the complaint in the OP of this thread.

They should have at least left in the numbers. :yes:
Reply 25
Original post by toronto353
You're right of course, but it's much worse on digital spy. Look in the comment section of any article of that website or any thread within that forum and all you'll see is negativity. It's not like here where even if you see threads complaining about Muslims and women, you'll see people defending them as well as complaining about them.

Digital Spy is nothing like that - it's pure negativity and complaining and that's being kind!

I can second you here. Some of the people there were also heavily opinionated, and that if you said anything against them then they'd start bashing you.

I had that happen to me in the Radio section - I complained about Heart Radio cutting songs too short (and I mean 50% or 64% of a song being played before the next song crashed in) and then the Heart Defenders come in and bashed my posts, and that they thought there was no issue.

I mean, surely you'd be upset if 50% of a song was played? Needless...

Back on topic, that pretty much sums up DS in a nutshell. Their posters are negative, bashing other FM's (some bordering nasty) and the fascist moderators either do nothing about it, ban the victims, or mess up entire threads with their post deletion. That, and the mods contradicting their own T&C's (with that post I liked top in the OP - borderline rude) means that DS is basically, one of the worst forums on the net.
Reply 26
Original post by de_monies
oh dear

As before

1) Don't really care, but I hear that DS can be quite draconian(?)
2) PRobably not, but again because I cba. Also on a CTAM thread, it seems a little harsh to remove posts with one number, because it disrupts the entire thread

Tbh, if you came to TSR, you'd think it's just somewhere people complain about Muslims and women

I haven't found any opf the complaints threads on TSR. I thought it was all nice and civilised; certainly from what forums I have been lurking (and posting) on.

Harsh is an understatement of DS' Moderation tactics. Their whole moderation team needs replacing with people who actually know how to moderate forums.

they may be mods but they should have some sense! :facepalm:

lol! they will be 16bing a lot! :frown:

good good Spotty! :biggrin: haha! yeah! i havent been counting! :frown: sorry
i could count now but will as Jammy be ok???

:hugs:

Yep, they should have some sense in them (see above)

The regular posters had to run round after them, shoving 16b's all over the place, to make it actually work

Okay, that's fine. what happened to your cupcakes account?
(edited 9 years ago)
I can second you here. Some of the people there were also heavily opinionated, and that if you said anything against them then they'd start bashing you.

I had that happen to me in the Radio section - I complained about Heart Radio cutting songs too short (and I mean 50% or 64% of a song being played before the next song crashed in) and then the Heart Defenders come in and bashed my posts, and that they thought there was no issue.

I mean, surely you'd be upset if 50% of a song was played? Needless...

Back on topic, that pretty much sums up DS in a nutshell. Their posters are negative, bashing other FM's (some bordering nasty) and the fascist moderators either do nothing about it, ban the victims, or mess up entire threads with their post deletion. That, and the mods contradicting their own T&C's (with that post I liked top in the OP - borderline rude) means that DS is basically, one of the worst forums on the net.

I've seen that many times myself. I also hate the amount of 'non-articles' on there where they make the headline sound really interesting and you click and it's either something and nothing or they've completely twisted the whole thing out of proportion - all, of course, to get more hits and thus advertising revenue.
I haven't found any opf the complaints threads on TSR. I thought it was all nice and civilised; certainly from what forums I have been lurking (and posting) on.

Harsh is an understatement of DS' Moderation tactics. Their whole moderation team needs replacing with people who actually know how to moderate forums.

I think... that you really ought to let this go. It's just a CTAM thread

Yep, they should have some sense in them (see above)

The regular posters had to run round after them, shoving 16b's all over the place, to make it actually work

Okay, that's fine. what happened to your cupcakes account?

haha! you hsould join em Spot! is there a way you can apply to Mod there? :rofl:

aww! i feel for em! that must have given em a serious headache especially as there forum is ugly to look at

i banned myself again! ill pm you
Reply 30
haha! you should join em Spot! is there a way you can apply to Mod there? :rofl:

aww! i feel for em! that must have given em a serious headache especially as there forum is ugly to look at

i banned myself again! ill pm you

Ok thanks for the info :smile:

Me, join the moderation team? I'd love to moderate (I once applied to moderate here) but I think there's more chance of me being the Prime Minister, than there is me being an official moderator there.

Since I've been banned form DS with about 13 accounts in total, I'd be surprised if they even let me post on their forums again, let alone be a mod there.

And if DS saw the email I sent them (when I found about this number removing nonsense) then that'll decrease the chances even more! :lol:

I think you know by now what I think of their forum. :tsr: is way better :happy2: :hugs:
With DS it depends which section of the site you are on. I tend to stay in the tech bits, specifically the mobile phone section. The main reason being is that there are some very knowledgable people who post there who either work for, or have very good contacts with people who do work for the mobile networks. So a lot of stuff gets posted there quite a while before it is actually announced by the companies.

To be honest this thread just smacks of the OP whinging cos they got banned and so they hold a grudge. Its an online forum, it really isn't that important! Why the hell even go through the effort needed to get banned 13 times? To be fair that suggests the problem is with the OP rather than anything else.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ok thanks for the info :smile:

Me, join the moderation team? I'd love to moderate (I once applied to moderate here) but I think there's more chance of me being the Prime Minister, than there is me being an official moderator there.

Since I've been banned form DS with about 13 accounts in total, I'd be surprised if they even let me post on their forums again, let alone be a mod there.

And if DS saw the email I sent them (when I found about this number removing nonsense) then that'll decrease the chances even more! :lol:

I think you know by now what I think of their forum. :tsr: is way better :happy2: :hugs:

aaa i know i remeber!
sheesh! what kindsa people even mod there? like we have people on here-----yeah forget that that makes like no sense!

haha! i still dont get how they know its you each time! like even after you do that thingy that hides you :lol: my terminology is awful as you can see!

oh dear spotty! :rofl:

what about Demon FM now? how are they treating your ears??? :lol:

obviously! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by WelshBluebird
With DS it depends which section of the site you are on. I tend to stay in the tech bits, specifically the mobile phone section. The main reason being is that there are some very knowledgable people who post there who either work for, or have very good contacts with people who do work for the mobile networks. So a lot of stuff gets posted there quite a while before it is actually announced by the companies.

To be honest this thread just smacks of the OP whinging cos they got banned and so they hold a grudge. Its an online forum, it really isn't that important!

Yep. I second that. The Chatter and Music sections had a nice community feel to them. However, General Discussion and Radio were basically a massive free for all. :biggrin:

I'm not whining because I got banned. I'm whinging because of the pure shocking mod policies that have been outlined in the OP

I highly doubt this would happen, but if TSR did that too, I'd complain as well (through AAM obviously)
I also hate what I have observed about the vast majority of new users posting in General Discussion get tarred with the 'pink teddy' brush, that means they get accused of being me - they will start a thread that is going great, then somebody will de-rail it with talk about 'pink teddy' and 'House Of Fraser in Scunthorpe', then it descends into a discussion about 'pinkteddy has no sex life or any other sort of life for that matter' and there was even one that got derailed with discussion of what 'pink teddy poo' must smell like in comparison to regular 'teddy bear poo'! :eek: :mad:

It descends into what is effectively cyberbullying and especially given I am being treated for medical depression at the moment, it's just not on, and it's something I could really, really do without! :mad:
OP do you have an actual life? It would seenm not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

But how would you know for sure? :confused:
Reply 37
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you know Smegggy?

Unless, you are the Smeggy from the smeggy forums, then I know you for your harsh moderation too.
Reply 38
aaa i know i remeber!
sheesh! what kindsa people even mod there? like we have people on here-----yeah forget that that makes like no sense!

haha! i still dont get how they know its you each time! like even after you do that thingy that hides you :lol: my terminology is awful as you can see!

oh dear spotty! :rofl:

what about Demon FM now? how are they treating your ears??? :lol:

obviously! :biggrin:

That's what I want to know. what type of moderators moderate that forum, or are they automated robots? :biggrin:

I don't know either, and now they won't even validate accounts for posting. That's ok, yes I do use that thing - it basically masks my IP (but I'm not saying anything more on that matter in case it violates a T&C)

I highly doubt DS even read their emails - I have complained before, to no avail.

Demon FM are okay, they still play that rather bad song though.
How would you know Smegggy?

Unless, you are the Smeggy from the smeggy forums, then I know you for your harsh moderation too.

Then I suggest you refrain from making any more comments, or my moderation capabilities shall have to be exercised. :wink:

Latest