The Student Room Group

Why does TSR allow racism?

Scroll to see replies

Once in the blue moon you get the odd racist remark
Link these threads, because I don't have a clue what you're on about. Very few threads created on TSR can be considered rascist.
Reply 22
Original post by Stinkum
I haven't seen any racism on TSR.

:curious: You were the one who just made a thread judging a 19 yr old girl for being with a guy who is "not from her background." Ring a bloody bell? :cookie:
Reply 23
Original post by ApeMob
:curious: You were the one who just made a thread judging a 19 yr old girl for being with a guy who is "not from her background." Ring a bloody bell? :cookie:

That was different. I was just saying that people from different races shouldn't be in relationships or have mixed race children together (especially considering the circumstances I highlighted in that thread), that's all. That has nothing to do with racism. You should look up the definition of the word. I have not seen any racism on TSR.
Reply 24
Original post by Stinkum
That was different. I was just saying that people from different races shouldn't be in relationships or have mixed race children together (especially considering the circumstances I highlighted in that thread), that's all. That has nothing to do with racism. You should look up the definition of the word. I have not seen any racism on TSR.

:blah: I always know when someone is lying or BSing: they give a long winded explanation for a simple statement. :rolleyes:
I haven't seen that much racism on here in the grand scheme of things to be honest. The racism I have seen however has all been directed at white people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are quite a few racist, islamaphobic, and sexist threads that crop up.
It's sickening.
But to be fair,I'm sure moderators have lives.
But at the same time some things aren't removed despite it stirring hate or being deeply offensive based on race etc.
It's not really "allowed", but the mods can't be everywhere at once - and has been said already, best to report racist posts/threads so we can deal with them :h:
Reply 28
I think the moderation is pretty damn good, enough room to be able to debate about sensitive topics yet *gone* when things get outta control. Though, I do wish sometimes I could see those last posts...
Reply 29
So that people can vent off their disgusting dislikes and bigoted views in the virtual world without being arrested or shamed. Basically the overall effect as a result is therapeutic and prevents criminal and insane behaviours. Capish yeah...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I've seen racism. And when I reported the mods dealt with it.

However insulting someone religion. That is allowed on TSR. Mods ain't got no time for that.

From my experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by qr95
I've seen racism. And when I reported the mods dealt with it.

However insulting someone religion. That is allowed on TSR. Mods ain't got no time for that.

From my experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As someone with religious beliefs, religion should be open discussion as such. Perhaps not too insulting as I have seen posted on here (which was dealt with).
Some mods here seems to think racism against East Asians (esp ethnic Chinese) as more acceptable than racism to Africans.
Reply 33
Original post by LaughingBro
Some mods here seems to think racism against East Asians (esp ethnic Chinese) as more acceptable than racism to Africans.

Can you link some evidence for that, cause I've been a relatively regular user of this site for 6 years and can't say I've got this impression at all?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miscounted_time
I haven't seen that much racism on here in the grand scheme of things to be honest. The racism I have seen however has all been directed at white people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously?

Anyhoo OP the mods actually get rid of it pretty quickly :yep:
Personally I see a racist thread almost everyday so I'm not sure that it's once in a blue moon thing...

Having said that, the mods do respond quite quickly before the thread blows up.

Perhaps the fact I see them is an indicator that I spend too much time on tsr v.v ...
Original post by ipoop
Not as big as avoiding the swear filter is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The return of Ipoop
Original post by MidnightDream
Seriously?

Anyhoo OP the mods actually get rid of it pretty quickly :yep:

There you have it

/thread

Mods are having a difficult time as it is. And I'm not saying that to ease my application to become a mod:rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Friday nights in TSR H&R have always been a cesspit for racism; especially 3-4 years ago :lol:
Original post by nam92
:rofl3:

Original post by thechemistress
Oh, please.

:reel:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending