The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Sport at SOAS

So I'm interested in playing football while at SOAS and am curious as to how serious it and sport in general is taken at SOAS. I assume there are tryouts and such but beyond that is there a lot of travel involved or training every day and the like? If that is the case, I would probably look for something a little less serious as I am course promarily focussed on my studies, any suggestions on places/ways to continue to play football?
Reply 1
Original post by qwidgibo
So I'm interested in playing football while at SOAS and am curious as to how serious it and sport in general is taken at SOAS. I assume there are tryouts and such but beyond that is there a lot of travel involved or training every day and the like? If that is the case, I would probably look for something a little less serious as I am course promarily focussed on my studies, any suggestions on places/ways to continue to play football?

From the times I've been there, I have actually asked about football - and although they have a football society, I don't think it's too popular. Your best bet would be to email them. And if you're not looking for anything serious, you could always advertise 5-a-side games on the weekends for people to join, there's loads of places in London - I'd come :smile:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
I'd definitely come too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending