The Student Room Group

Is TSR being flooded by Israeli shills.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Drewski
Nope.

I think the heat is doing something to your ability to read.

Nope.

Original post by Drewski
Not so much a deterrent, just 'another weapon' should it be needed.

So what would they be needed for?
Original post by n00
So what would they be needed for?

If you're going to drag up old threads and quotes then be a dear and use the whole quote.

Original post by Drewski
Not so much a deterrent, just 'another weapon' should it be needed. Or possibly a proof of concept thing like car manufacturers make.

Note the use of the word "or", used in context to suggest an alternative explanation, that the person writing might, perhaps, be admitting that they don't know everything.

I know that that puts me in a minority on this site - acknowledging that I'm not all-knowing - but perhaps you can see through your very own fog of uncertainty and holier-than-thou attitude for once in your existence.

Saying that they think they may need the tools is not the same as saying I think they need the tools.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Drewski
If you're going to drag up old threads and quotes then be a dear and use the whole quote.

Why would i do that? The rest is entirely irrelevant. I notice you haven't quoted in full either.

Original post by Drewski

Saying that they think they may need the tools is not the same as saying I think they need the tools.

I stand by my statement that your reading skills are ****e.

:rofl: You didn't say they now did you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
Why would i do that? The rest is entirely irrelevant.

It patently isn't. And you didn't think so a week ago when you replied to it.

You didn't say they now did you.

Didn't say I thought it either though, did I?

Puzzled by how that was good enough for you 6 days ago, but now is suddenly evidence of a mass conspiracy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Drewski
It patently isn't. And you didn't think so a week ago when you replied to it.

:facepalm: It was irrelevant to this discussion.

Original post by Drewski

Didn't say I thought it either though, did I?

True, bit silly to complain about my ability to read and then not read your own post though. :wink: And I do kinda think "Should it be needed" implies you agree with it.

Original post by Drewski
Puzzled by how that was good enough for you 6 days ago, but now is suddenly evidence of a mass conspiracy.

WTF are you on about?
Reply 25
It seems the OP who is a well known anti-Israel 'enthusiast' is a bit annoyed that perhaps people have started to open their eyes a bit in this round of conflict and have seen the Israeli side of things.

Seems that has upset him which is why we have this thread.

Anyone who supports Israel must be paid to do so? of course he will then repost his link time and time again.

The fact is that this one-sided condemnation of Israel has been less so this time around with ARAB media also lambasting Hamas, are they paid shills too?
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yeah i bet they dont want revenge. From my personal experience looking at the racism from social media against Jews i wouldn't surprised if a large majority do. Oh and the whole riots in france against Jews.

If they wanted peace they would not support hamas. :rolleyes:

But never mind, i hope Israel can bring this to a swift end very soon.

Be closed minded about it if you want. People are people and no culture or religion is exempt from scumbags with closed minds.

After those 3 Israeli teens were killed, social media groups calling for death to all Arabs quickly arose with a large number of followers from serving members of the IDF...yet apparently they 'do all they can to avoid civilian deaths'. Well I'm sorry but just because the official IDF spokes-line is to avoid civilian deaths, don't kid yourself into thinking that a large number of Israeli soldiers blowing up hospitals, schools etc are sorry about 500+ (and counting) innocent lives on their hands. Don't get me wrong, I know from experience that not all soldiers will hold that view, all I'm saying is there are scumbags in all walks of life, racism exists in the Jewish society as well and many of them are happy to hear of all these civilian casualties. Especially now that there have been IDF soldiers killed.

Both sides are scumbags in my opinion. I'm bloody sick of this us vs. them bull****. One side making themselves out to be superheros while they portray the other as a terrorist looking to kill as many civilians as possible.
Original post by n00
:facepalm: It was irrelevant to this discussion.

Subjective, but I'd argue not, since I was clearly offering a range of possible explanations, not definitive answers.

True, bit silly to complain about my ability to read and then not read your own post though. :wink: And I do kinda think "Should it be needed" implies you agree with it.

No, because clearly unlike you, I know what words mean.
And again, no, it really doesn't. You just enjoy putting words in people's mouths.

WTF are you on about?

A question I've been begging to ask you for years, but know all too well I'll get nothing intelligent back as a reply...

If that post of mine was so objectionable, so evidential of something being awry, why didn't you question it then? Why only question it now?

As for the topic at hand, I couldn't give a flying **** about it. You have my reply at post #15 about how the very existence of this thread is likely to make the problem worse, not better, but notice you completely ignored that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Chindits
It seems the OP who is a well known anti-Israel 'enthusiast'

Where on earth did you get that idea from?

Original post by Chindits
Anyone who supports Israel must be paid to do so?

Nar, of course not, you can put your straw man back in its box.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Be closed minded about it if you want. People are people and no culture or religion is exempt from scumbags with closed minds.

After those 3 Israeli teens were killed, social media groups calling for death to all Arabs quickly arose with a large number of followers from serving members of the IDF...yet apparently they 'do all they can to avoid civilian deaths'. Well I'm sorry but just because the official IDF spokes-line is to avoid civilian deaths, don't kid yourself into thinking that a large number of Israeli soldiers blowing up hospitals, schools etc are sorry about 500+ (and counting) innocent lives on their hands. Don't get me wrong, I know from experience that not all soldiers will hold that view, all I'm saying is there are scumbags in all walks of life, racism exists in the Jewish society as well and many of them are happy to hear of all these civilian casualties. Especially now that there have been IDF soldiers killed.

Both sides are scumbags in my opinion. I'm bloody sick of this us vs. them bull****. One side making themselves out to be superheros while they portray the other as a terrorist looking to kill as many civilians as possible.

Yeah i agree. Thats why i believe only Israel can bring peace to the region with a stick. If Hamas obeys the truce and no innocent civilians are killed on either side im sure stability can arrive back to the region. But Hamas are continuing to fire missiles and then use women and children as shields.
Original post by yo radical one
This is a tiny student website hosted in the UK rather than America, even if this went ahead I doubt TSR would be a target.

But if you really want to know of a group which actually does organise to post propaganda on this website

It's neo-nazis more than anyone, check this, the fifth post from top:

http://www.whitakeronline.org/blog/users/patrickwhiterabbit/replies/

I have been shown groups on facebook which do the same, organise to post on this website, the facebook one was linked to the BNP, whitakeronline is more American

This is anything but a tiny student forum.
Reply 31
Original post by Drewski

No, because clearly unlike you, I know what words mean.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Original post by Drewski
And again, no, it really doesn't. You just enjoy putting words in people's mouths.

Hang on, I'm pretty sure thats exactly what you were attempting to do with your previous post. Something about "suddenly evidence of a mass conspiracy."

Original post by Drewski

If that post of mine was so objectionable, so evidential of something being awry, why didn't you question it then? Why only question it now?

Because you hadn't made a completely contraditory post at that point. durp.
(edited 9 years ago)
If this story is real, I need to get on this ting. $2k for 5 hours a week? Ker-ching.
Does anyone know how to get involved? They didn't list any contact info on the article. Does Mossad have a number I can call?
Original post by n00
Because you hadn't made a completely contraditory post at that point. durp.

And I still haven't.
Reply 34
Original post by Drewski
You've got to be an especially low-minded cretin to think that people are that easily swayed. Trolls and morons are just trolls and morons.

Just to clear this up, does this include GCHQ?
Original post by n00
Just to clear this up, does this include GCHQ?

Include them in which bit? The low minded cretins, the easily swayed or the trolls and morons?
Reply 36
Original post by Drewski
Include them in which bit? The low minded cretins, the easily swayed or the trolls and morons?

Heat getting to you? Sorry my fault, should have kept it simple for you and only quoted the relevant part.

Here you go:

Original post by Drewski
You've got to be an especially low-minded cretin to think that people are that easily swayed.

So GCHQ are just a bunch of low-minded cretins?
Original post by n00
So GCHQ are just a bunch of low-minded cretins?

You left it vague, you could have been referring to any part of the sentence. Unlike you, I don't assume meaning to other people's words unless they're clear about it.

I don't believe the people who work there are definitively any different to you or I. They do, however, work for and are lead by the government, which brings up other questions....

In the context of my original quote, you would be the low minded (believing people would be swayed by other posters) and the people who are not easily swayed are the general population of TSR. I guess in that context and with your referencing that other article, GCHQ = mods?

Anyway, referring to your opening post and the year-old article, do you have any evidence that this plan actually happened? That there are people out there doing it? I can point to many Government initiatives that were planned and announced only to then later be scrapped, so an article saying someone was going to do something is evidence of sod all really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yeah i agree. Thats why i believe only Israel can bring peace to the region with a stick. If Hamas obeys the truce and no innocent civilians are killed on either side im sure stability can arrive back to the region. But Hamas are continuing to fire missiles and then use women and children as shields.

If Israeli truly cared about the civilian population of Palestine they wouldn't be bombing it to the extent they are. They could have sent their forces into the area and tried to remove any terrorists without bombing Gaza back to the stone age. More soldiers would have died, but they didn't sign up to to plant trees in the forests of candy mountain at did they?

Then we go back to the age old accusation of human shields. So you agree with the propaganda that Hamas use the Palestinians as human shields, thus they are being held hostage right? Well generally in hostage situations the other side send in a force and remove the threat, freeing the hostages. Yet instead of that, Israelis use this claim to justify targeting peoples homes, schools and hospitals.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Hamas don't hide weapons in homes etc. But weapons in homes, roof tops used to fire them by Hamas doesn't justify bombing the buildings to the extent that they are. This is as much a propaganda war as it is anything else, so it is best to remain neutral in such instead of taking everything to read as pure solid truth.

Have you ever been to Gaza?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/07/human-shielding-gaza-2014717154428830848.html

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/debateni/blogs/what-if-british-had-treated-northern-irish-like-israel-treats-palestine-30442606.html

http://rt.com/usa/173888-cnn-reporter-scum-israel/

and one more before I go
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/21/gaza-crisis-hamas-killed-friend-need-kill?CMP=fb_gu
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Drewski
You left it vague, you could have been referring to any part of the sentence. Unlike you, I don't assume meaning to other people's words unless they're clear about it.
You mean other than a few posts up :rolleyes:. Probably for the best given your comprehension skills.

Original post by Drewski

In the context of my original quote, you would be the low minded
Yes I got your underhanded insult, thanks.

Original post by Drewski

(believing people would be swayed by other posters) and the people who are not easily swayed are the general population of TSR. I guess in that context and with your referencing that other article, GCHQ = mods?

Nar, lets try again. If believing people could be swayed by other posters makes them a low minded cretin then surely GCHQ must be a buch of low minded cretins given that they have tools for just this purpose.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending