The Student Room Group

Friend left me on holiday

I want to know whether this is worth bringing up with my friend or not.

We were on a trip together staying in a hotel and they knew someone who lived nearby, and on the second night they left me to go stay with their friend over night. I thought this was a bit lame, we were on a trip together and I didn't have an issue with them seeing their friend while we were there, but to flat out leave me to go stay with them was a bit rude! I had said they should meet up with them, but in my mind this would've been like meeting during the day for lunch, I didn't expect to be invited but. I knew people who lived there too but if I'd met up with them I would've invited my friend, I wouldn't have walked off and left them by themselves!

Is it worth mentioning or should I just forget about it?
Meh who cares, I was ditched on holiday once too, I was out staying with one friend seeing other friends and she went on a date or something, didn't come back to the flat until like 11am which was like 20 minutes after I got back, I had the worse case of the ditchings there :colonhash:

Now in seriousness, they had friends there, you had friends there, whats the harm in them going to see their friends and you going to see yours? Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Reply 2
Original post by tehFrance
Meh who cares, I was ditched on holiday once too, I was out staying with one friend seeing other friends and she went on a date or something, didn't come back to the flat until like 11am which was like 20 minutes after I got back, I had the worse case of the ditchings there :colonhash:

Now in seriousness, they had friends there, you had friends there, whats the harm in them going to see their friends and you going to see yours? Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I didn't get to see my friends, and I was left alone in the hotel when we were meant to go out cos it was the last night. My friend didnt even say they were leaving, they just packed their bag and left. We hadnt argued or anything, they just ditched me.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't get to see my friends, and I was left alone in the hotel when we were meant to go out cos it was the last night. My friend didnt even say they were leaving, they just packed their bag and left. We hadnt argued or anything, they just ditched me.

Why don't you phone up your friends and meet with them... Your other friends, yeah tell them.
Reply 4
I was ditched once by a friend too when we went to Manchester for a few days together. I was extremely hurt and ****** off at her but I decided not to say anything. We started to drift after we came back up home anyway as she went to uni and met new people.
Reply 5
I wouldn't be happy being left I
Suppose they could
Of invited you! not nice, I would try and tell them lightly that you weren't happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
tell them
I really don't understand why you people wouldn't say anything to this... Talk about being doormats. Such an inconsiderate thing to do, of course you should tell her about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending