The Student Room Group

If you were trapped by a woman via pregnancy and deception...

What would you do?

For example you have a girlfriend and she either pokes holes in the condoms or lies about contraception. Resulting in her becoming pregnant. Now you'l be forced to pay child support for the next 18 years.

So what would you do in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Take her to court for custody of the child, with as little contact as I can get for her, ideally just indirect once a week.

I don't want my kid raised by a mentalist, and it'll teach her a lesson.
she can't trap me if she's dead, just saying
How would he know? Surely if you're silly enough to do it, you're going to keep it a secret or else you'll suffer the consequences in most cases :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Realistically you ain't doing ****. You could act differently towards her. Brake up. Move abroad.

Other than a punch in the stomach or push down the stairs it's gonna happen so you just have to suck it up.
Reply 5
Would declaring bankruptcy absolve you of your responsibility to pay up?
Original post by Greg Jackson
she can't trap me if she's dead, just saying

The Police can though, just saying.
I would remind everyone that the law should include the ability for a man to absolve himself of financial responsibility in exchange for the surrendering of his parental rights at an early point in the pregnancy.

No girl I know would be stupid enough to do that to me, fortunately.
Reply 8
Original post by Le Nombre
The Police can though, just saying.

Not if you leave the country, jussayin.

Take her to court for custody of the child, with as little contact as I can get for her, ideally just indirect once a week.

I'd try to do this as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Jokes on her, how much child support is she going to get from a 16 year old
Reply 10
Original post by ChickenMadness
What would you do?

For example you have a girlfriend and she either pokes holes in the condoms or lies about contraception. Resulting in her becoming pregnant. Now you'l be forced to pay child support for the next 18 years.

So what would you do in this situation?

(inspired by the other [possibly troll] thread)

to be fair, condoms or pills aren't 100% effective like people often assume. Lots of people get pregnant even when they're using contraception (and unfortunately, lots of people then go on to have an abortion). So how would the hypothetical boy know she hadn't taken the pill, or that his condoms had been 'sabotaged' unless his girlfriend admitted it?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard

She'd be lucky to get a child's support.......
That is one of the most evilist things a woman can do to a man
Original post by Pride
to be fair, condoms or pills aren't 100% effective like people often assume. Lots of people get pregnant even when they're using contraception (and unfortunately, lots of people then go on to have an abortion). So how would the hypothetical boy know she hadn't taken the pill, or that his condoms had been 'sabotaged' unless his girlfriend admitted it?

Well in my example you've discovered that she lied. And I want to know how everyone would react.

And well you wouldn't know. But there would be 99+% chance that your GF was a liar.

This.

If the child really is my genetic heir then I'll be dammed if its turning out like her.

I'd refuse to support it until there's been a paternity test paid for by her though.
I guessed i'd be ****ed literally and literally :eek:
Original post by consumed by stuff
She'd be lucky to get a child's support.......

Is this supposed to be a threat?
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard

Attachment of Earnings, dormant until you start earning then kicks in when you do, which presumably you will before the age of 34.
Original post by Drewski
Would declaring bankruptcy absolve you of your responsibility to pay up?

Interesting. I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Because you could just give all your money to family members and declare bankruptcy.
Reply 19
Initially, I would try to obtain evidence of what she did, try to make her admit it whilst we're still on good terms. There have been a few cases like this one, I believe, so I would break up with her and then tell her that I'm suing her for sexual harassment. Hopefully, those two things might make her decide to abort the pregnancy, but probably not if she's psycho enough to do this in the first place. I guess you have to support the child when she has it, financially and emotionally, which would be tough for numerous reasons.

Quick Reply