The Student Room Group

Postgrad Diploma in Social Work Stirling 2015

Hey,

I've applied for the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work in Stirling University which commences in February 2015. I've handed in my Stage Two Tasks and have received an email to say that my UCAS Application will automatically be unsuccessful by default because they do not make their decision that quickly due to the course not starting until next year. However I was just wondering if anyone has been in this situation with Stirling before and could let me know when I will hear from them?

Many Thanks,

Emma.
Reply 1
Hi Emma, I am in the same position although there is very little chance I will get in, would like to know either way though as waiting was never my strong Point.
Lauren
Reply 2
I know, the waiting is driving me crazy! Let me know if you hear anything please 😊

Emma.
Hi Emma and Lauren, I am in the same situation, waiting for an answer from Stirling! I got an email from the Admissions Office this week and it said: "Apologies for the delay we are now dealing with the Social Work applications so that they can go to the next panel meeting." ...I really hope we'll all hear from them soon!
Hi,
Has anyone heard anything yet? I emailed yesterday to ask if they had any idea when we would hear but no reply yet!
Reply 5
Original post by Kirstyjean
Hi,
Has anyone heard anything yet? I emailed yesterday to ask if they had any idea when we would hear but no reply yet!

Hi Kirsty,

I emailed Stirling last week and she said my application has been sent to the social work panel and I would be contacted when they hear back, she couldn't tell me how long this would take unfortunately,

Emma :smile:
Thanks Emma for sharing that hopeful piece of info. This waiting is nerve wrecking!

BTW, what kind of merits do you other applicants have? I have BA in Social Services with pretty good grades (from Finland so I doubt grades are interchangeable) and I also have two years of relevant job history in full time paid job. I really hope that's enough! I applied a bit late though, as I completed my application on 23 May.
Reply 7
Original post by Sinirastas
Thanks Emma for sharing that hopeful piece of info. This waiting is nerive wrecking!

BTW, what kind of merits do you other applicants have? I have BA in Social Services with pretty good grades (from Finland so I doubt grades are interchangeable) and I also have two years of relevant job history in full time paid job. I really hope that's enough! I applied a bit late though, as I completed my application on 23 May.

I agree the wait is nerve wrecking. Would be handy to know so I can start to make plans otherwise.

I have a bsc in nursing and about 8 years nursing / social care experience however I also applied late and my stage 2 tasks were really rushed so im pretty sure im unsuccessful but would just like that confirmed.

good luck hope we hear soon
Thanks Emma!
I got a reply from Stirling too - apparently our applications are still with the panel! I suppose a lot of the academics are off for the holiday so could be another few weeks...

My application was in late too - the day of the deadline, but I don't think that should make a difference.

I have a background in Sociology and Community Education. I also have a few years experience working in homelessness.

Really hope we hear soon! I would love to know how many applicants there are and the number of places!
Original post by Kirstyjean
I would love to know how many applicants there are and the number of places!

There's a Facebook group for applicants: https://www.facebook.com/groups/305257206289164/
There are just four members at the moment. I haven't joined yet as I want to know whether I get an offer or not first.. I know the founder is here in TSR and she has been accepted to this course. You can find her post by searching Stirling and Social work, unfortunately I don't remember her nick now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks! Don't think I will join any groups until I know whether or not I get an offer / take it up! Looks like she was accepted before I even handed in my application though so they must have had two intakes or something...
I got an offer! It's conditional, but details are not included in the offer email. I will have to contact the Admissions office. But I am so excited! I hope I'll be able to meet the conditions, what ever those are (I suspect it's a language efficiency certificate, since I'm an EU student)
Reply 12
Well done. Looking forward to meeting you I have an unconditional offer
Lauren
Original post by lb0137
Well done. Looking forward to meeting you I have an unconditional offer
Lauren

Congratulations :smile: The long wait was well worth it!
Reply 14
well done ladies! :smile:

I still haven't heard anything, the wait is killing me!!!
Reply 15
Hi, they sent me an email yesterday afternoon so double check your email and junk folder just in case. Hopefully you will hear today. It was quite late on yesterday I got my email. Lots of luck
I called the Admissions office today. All I have to do is take a language test and they'll accept me if the score is high enough. I booked the test and they are willing to wait for my results until early October, as the earliest test date for me is at the end of September. I'm glad it's only up to this, I am quite sure I'll get the needed score in the test :smile: Looking forward to meeting you in January!
Reply 17
still haven't heard anything :frown: and i've checked my junk folder! is anyone else in the same situation?

Emma.
Hi

I'm still waiting on a reply but there was an issue with my application so I had to send them my info through clearing.
Hoping to hear soon :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending