The Student Room Group

Home exercises to reduce weight, and etc..

Are there safe non-side effect exercise to lose weight..

If so pls direct me to them or post it here..

I need to reduce my everything..

I'm a female and 17 years..
Hi!
I started exercising at home when I was 17 too. I was really out of shape and wanted to get fit and tone.
I would really, really, REALLY recommend Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout. It's a 30 minute workout that you once a day for 30 days. There are 3 levels - you do level 1 of days 1 - 10, level 2 for 11- 20, level 3 for 21 - 30. Each workout is on YouTube so its completely free. Jillian Michael is really motivational too, she's down to earth and really likeable.
It's really effective at building stamina, which is why I am so glad I did this home workout routine first. After completing the 30 day shred, I was ready to take on tougher exercises. I can't recommend it enough. It kicks your butt!

Give it a go and don't flake :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
Reply 2
Original post by Sena5

I'm using the Chris freytag 10lb xtreme slimdown routines on youtube. they're free and burn SO MUCH. Really good, check it out.
Reply 3
Thank you!
Will try them..
And let you know my progress

Original post by Lulu24
I'm using the Chris freytag 10lb xtreme slimdown routines on youtube. they're free and burn SO MUCH. Really good, check it out.

Original post by lettucesoap
x

Thank you gals

The only prob is that I've got no dumbshell:sadnod:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5
Thank you!
Will try them..

Thank you gals

Me neither! I use 2 litre bottles of water :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Sena5
Thank you!
Will try them..

Thank you gals

you dont really need the dumbbells, its just for extra weight. If you're worried you can just bottles of water etc. Works just the same.
Reply 6
Thanks friends!
I'm debating doing the 30 day shred (although you're supposed to take a rest day every week).
Because I've put on weight lately and really want to tone up (and I'm too broke to afford a gym membership lately)
I just cant seem to start it. Because my dissertation is due on the 15th August and ive still got loads to do but 30 mins isnt much and exercise helps me with stress.
Anyone fancy doing it with me for motivation?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Copycats&Acrobats
I'm debating doing the 30 day shred (although you're supposed to take a rest day every week).
Because I've put on weight lately and really want to tone up (and I'm too broke to afford a gym membership lately)
I just cant seem to start it. Because my dissertation is due on the 15th August and ive still got loads to do but 30 mins isnt much and exercise helps me with stress.
Anyone fancy doing it with me for motivation?

3 day shred?
Will begin with you.
Tell me when you begin
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
myfitnesspal.com

Improve your diet instead of jumping on a fad that might temporarily work only to lose all your progress when you stop
DDP Yoga! Seriously, look up some of the transformation videos on YouTube and see what people can achieve with it. It's a mixture of yoga, dynamic resistance, isometric motion and physiotherapy exercises. You can modify each position to make it as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and the online support community for it is fantastic. Each workout is only about 20-30 minutes too to start with so you can easily fit it into your day. DDP is a pretty inspirational guy too, he says all the right things to make you feel positive and effect change in your life.

Own YOUR life. #TeamDDPYoga
Original post by Sena5

what do you mean by non-side effects exercises? lol.

But ye get a skipping rope.
Reply 12
Original post by ChickenMadness
what do you mean by non-side effects exercises? lol.

But ye get a skipping rope.

side effects means the exercises should not make muscle cramps.

yea i am doing skipping and time-works machine
. Daily use green tea to loose your weight and also Avoid Drinks and Alcohol things

If you've got a smartphone there are plenty of workout apps that could help you like Pump Up! I use that and also follow the Blogilates calendars. I'd recommend starting with the beginners calendar, her videos aren't long but they're effective and I've had great results with them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest