The Student Room Group

TSR Movie Madness: Animation Group Final. The Lion King v Finding Nemo

This poll is closed

Animation Group final

The Lion King 65%
Finding Nemo35%
Total votes: 68
Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here).
Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

"The Lion King has that rare quality that is surely the sign of any great kid's film, in that it works for both a 5 year old and a 55 year old. A timeless story (literally; it's a loose update of Hamlet) this film is one of Disney's Holy Grails, passed down from generation to generation and loved by all who see it. Visually gorgeous, with its stunning vistas of the African wilderness, colourful characters and a strong script make this film a true modern classic."

Finding Nemo
Heart warming, yet humorous tale of a brand new father loosing his son. The horror! Any new parent can relate to almost losing their kid, I know mine did....
The fact that it is one of the best selling DVDs of all time and has a sequel in production shows that both parents and children alike love this timeless classic!
Lion King for me :yep: I just love it it's fab - I always cry even though I've watched it a bazillion times :laugh: Nemo is good but I think Lion King is better :love:
I don't like Timon and Pumbaa. Annoying characters, I wish the hyenas had sorted them out.

Nemo for me.
Reply 3
The Lion King for me.
Reply 4
I went Classic over modern and voted Lion King.

Surprised it's got a decent lead atm but plenty of time left.
Where's Toy Story?!??!?:eek: 1 or 2

Voted Lion King, both films wouldn't be in my top 5 pixar/disney however

edit
I just looked neither even made the qfs:frown: I should have voted earlier
(edited 9 years ago)
Should have voted earlier - neither deserve the top spot here in my opinion. Lion King will almost certainly win though.
Reply 7
Original post by printergirl
Where's Toy Story?!??!?:eek: 1 or 2

Voted Lion King, both films wouldn't be in my top 5 pixar/disney however

edit
I just looked neither even made the qfs:frown: I should have voted earlier

Toy Story 3 was in but got beaten by Nemo. :yep:
Original post by Motorbiker
Toy Story 3 was in but got beaten by Nemo. :yep:

That's disappointing; Toy Story is quite easily one of my favourite movie trilogies of all time.

My personal impression of what the finals should be is Toy Story vs Shrek, but I am not surprised Lion King is there as everyone and their mother worships the film. Nemo beating Toy Story is surprising though.
Reply 9
Original post by DJMayes
That's disappointing; Toy Story is quite easily one of my favourite movie trilogies of all time.

My personal impression of what the finals should be is Toy Story vs Shrek, but I am not surprised Lion King is there as everyone and their mother worships the film. Nemo beating Toy Story is surprising though.

We based the initial seedings off the IMDB rankings for each film genre. Shrek was nowhere to be seen tbh on IMDB rankings.

Personally i'm surprised it's not Up vs Wall-E fioghting it out for the victory sicne those were my personal favourites anyway.
Given that Nemo (rightly IMO) beat Toy Story 3 quite handily, I'm really surprised that he's starting to get pounded here.
SHARK BAIT HOO HA HA :adore:

I'd take Nemo over Lion King any day
The Lion King was my favourite film growing up and I've still never seen Finding Nemo. No brainer for me!
"P Sherman 42 wallaby way Sydney" all the way!
finding nemo for sure
Reply 15
Lion King beats Nemo everyday of the week I have to say. I'm a tad gutted the Lion King beat Up :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Finding Nemo isn't even that good. I don't know why people put it up there with Disney animated classics or with Pixar classics like Toy Story.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Finding Nemo isn't even that good. I don't know why people put it up there with Disney animated classics or with Pixar classics like Toy Story.

Why do you not think it's that good? It's a fairly awesomely told story tbh.

People in the animation semi-final of it did some large in depth posts on why it was so good.
Original post by Motorbiker
Why do you not think it's that good? It's a fairly awesomely told story tbh.

People in the animation semi-final of it did some large in depth posts on why it was so good.

I just didn't find it as entertaining as other Pixar films or classics like Lion King, Aladdin etc.

The fact that it's getting an unnecessary sequel before The Incredibles also annoys me a bit and makes me wonder if it is because it's overrated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending