Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Your Mum is a legend!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Will your mum be my mum?
Why wouldn't the deep fat fryer be allowed if it was kept in the kitchen?

My God...I haven't started getting ANYTHING- got no idea where to start.
Think I may just stick to paper plates and plastic cutlery for the first term or so!
Reply 23
You're not alllowed deep fat fryers because they are dangerous.........cause a lot of fires.
Reply 24
Affectation

Think I may just stick to paper plates and plastic cutlery for the first term or so!

Devonshire! I'm C2.13.

Also have absolutely nothing yet. Excellent start.
Reply 25
Affectation

Think I'm gona do the paper plates thing, think of all the washing up u won't have to do!
Reply 26
Fleece
You're not alllowed deep fat fryers because they are dangerous.........cause a lot of fires.

Ive never heard of a deep fat fryer fire. I know that chip bans are banned cos they are very dangerous. Ive had a chip pan fire myself...
Reply 27
Reply 28
I havent read it but ill take your word.
Reply 29
Jeez, some people are so lazy :p:

"Although less dangerous than some frying methods, such as chip pans, deep fat fryers are known for being a dangerous fire risk and are a major cause of fire. They are difficult to extinguish and pouring water over hot oil can cause explosions. Many companies produce special extinguishers just for putting out fryers. These fires can also be extinguished by salt. Fryers should never be left unattended."
Forget the list, I think I will just bring your mum! :p:
Reply 31
She's amazing! :p: :biggrin:
There are shops in Leeds y'know! :wink:
Reply 33
Aye, but my mam is buying the stuff now cos I dont think she trusts me with buying it. Well, I cant blame her cos I know I would be straight in the pub! :p: :wink:
Reply 34
is it worth taking an iron?
Reply 35
You should get an iron provided..
Reply 36
ok, thanks. to be fair it's not like i'm ACTUALLY going to use it but i thought i'd just check.....
Reply 37
Haha yup.

I thought i'd use mine but hanging up works just as good :p:
Did someone say there is a microwave and kettle in each self catering kitchen?

And what about cleaning stuff - are the rooms/loos/showers cleaned or does stuff need to be taken to do the dirty deeds? :eek:
Reply 39
Microwave and kettle yes. Well there was at Leodis.

Cleaning - you have to do your own :rolleyes:.

Communal areas will be cleaned, but if you're SC then your room is your own responsability.

Latest