The Student Room Group

He's Mad Because I Moved On, But He Turned Me Down?

I used to fancy an acquaintance of mine, we'd flirt a lot (especially on my part TBH :tongue:), and I plucked up the courage to tell him I liked him one time as I only saw him once every couple of weeks. Unfortunately, he said he was already seeing someone, so of course I apologised and backed off, and after that I left him alone to be polite.

I thought that that would be that, and I ended up getting a boyfriend a few months afterwards. The thing is, now the guy who (I assume) still has a girlfriend is acting in a really weird way. Me and my boyfriend were in the library the other week and we saw him there too; he wouldn't stop staring at us for about 15 mins straight (I went to get myself a chair, because our table only had one, and his eyes were following me across the library :s-smilie:) and when my boyfriend and I were talking he packed his things and stomped off noisily out of the library (we were sitting next to the entrance, so I was actually a little bit scared).

I just heard from some mutual friends today that he has been saying nasty stuff about my boyfriend (whom he's never even met!) like that he "looks geeky" and I'm "clearly settling for what she can get right now." It's so weird, I haven't been mean to him after he turned me down - I have not even spoken to him and I certainly haven't spread any rumours because I am not a childish person. I was also out last night with the rest of the girls and saw him at a club with his mates, and again he would not stop staring at me even when I frowned at him and shook my head. He wouldn't even dance with his mates, just stared at me blankly! It was quite off putting.

How the hell is my boyfriend any of his business and why is he acting like this? He's the one who turned me down anyway, and even if we were both single he wouldn't "own" me as there is nothing going on between us. :mad:
He likes you, maybe regrets turning you down and is jealous. Simple.
Reply 2
Original post by joker12345
He likes you, maybe regrets turning you down and is jealous. Simple.

Do you think I should have a word and ask him to stop chatting crap behind my back/staring at me, or just ignore him?
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think I should have a word and ask him to stop chatting crap behind my back/staring at me, or just ignore him?

I'd leave it, unless it escalates. Do you still like him?
Leave it.

If I were you, I'd piss him off more. Stand in front of him and have a good snog with your bf!
Reply 5
Original post by stargirl63
Leave it.

If I were you, I'd piss him off more. Stand in front of him and have a good snog with your bf!

Haha I might do! :tongue: Do you think confronting him about the rumours is a bad idea then? AFAIK he hasn't lied about anything, but insulting my boyfriend and me behind my back is still quite a rude thing to do and he might continue if he gets away with it.

joker12345
x

I wrote out a reply a few hours ago but it seems to have got lost in moderation, sorry :redface: No, I don't like him in the slightest after the way he's acting, I find it quite obnoxious TBH. I'm feeling that maybe I should have a word?
Haha I might do! :tongue: Do you think confronting him about the rumours is a bad idea then? AFAIK he hasn't lied about anything, but insulting my boyfriend and me behind my back is still quite a rude thing to do and he might continue if he gets away with it.

Does this guy still have his gf??

I don't mind confronting anyone, but only if you feel like the situation will be resolved. Personally, whether you confront him or not, I don't believe he will really change unless he becomes interested (negatively or positively) in someone else. I just feel like confrontation in this case, is just going to be a waste of time, and you're going to upset yourself for no reason.

Just have a laugh, do what you want, feel free to rub it in his face, but quite frankly, you need to act like you don't care about him or what he has said. Show him that what he has said is of little value to you and you will enjoy your time with your bf, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
Reply 7
Original post by stargirl63
Does this guy still have his gf??

I don't mind confronting anyone, but only if you feel like the situation will be resolved. Personally, whether you confront him or not, I don't believe he will really change unless he becomes interested (negatively or positively) in someone else. I just feel like confrontation in this case, is just going to be a waste of time, and you're going to upset yourself for no reason.

Just have a laugh, do what you want, feel free to rub it in his face, but quite frankly, you need to act like you don't care about him or what he has said. Show him that what he has said is of little value to you and you will enjoy your time with your bf, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

I'm afraid I don't know if he's single, as we are only acquaintances (but share a couple of close friends). I honestly don't even know if he just made up the girlfriend, as I heard him talking about the possibility of chatting up another girl at the party when I decided to just throw all my cards on the table and tell him I liked him. She left before he could talk to her, though.

That's true, though I do feel that he needs to have a word said as I find his staring quite irritating (he's a bit socially unskilled in general TBH) especially given the disrespectful way he's acting apart from that :s-smilie:

Great advice, thanks :smile: Yeah, I'll do what I want and if it upsets him too bad :wink: I think he thinks he's one of those guys who can get any girl he wants (I'm quite conventionally attractive but he's almost model-like and a "pretty boy", rather vain too) and he's upset he's not had as much of an effect on me as he would like.
I used to fancy an acquaintance of mine, we'd flirt a lot (especially on my part TBH :tongue:), and I plucked up the courage to tell him I liked him one time as I only saw him once every couple of weeks. Unfortunately, he said he was already seeing someone, so of course I apologised and backed off, and after that I left him alone to be polite.

I thought that that would be that, and I ended up getting a boyfriend a few months afterwards. The thing is, now the guy who (I assume) still has a girlfriend is acting in a really weird way. Me and my boyfriend were in the library the other week and we saw him there too; he wouldn't stop staring at us for about 15 mins straight (I went to get myself a chair, because our table only had one, and his eyes were following me across the library :s-smilie:) and when my boyfriend and I were talking he packed his things and stomped off noisily out of the library (we were sitting next to the entrance, so I was actually a little bit scared).

I just heard from some mutual friends today that he has been saying nasty stuff about my boyfriend (whom he's never even met!) like that he "looks geeky" and I'm "clearly settling for what she can get right now." It's so weird, I haven't been mean to him after he turned me down - I have not even spoken to him and I certainly haven't spread any rumours because I am not a childish person. I was also out last night with the rest of the girls and saw him at a club with his mates, and again he would not stop staring at me even when I frowned at him and shook my head. He wouldn't even dance with his mates, just stared at me blankly! It was quite off putting.

How the hell is my boyfriend any of his business and why is he acting like this? He's the one who turned me down anyway, and even if we were both single he wouldn't "own" me as there is nothing going on between us. :mad:

He's obviously jelly, I would get your boyfriend to talk to him or do it your self!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending