The Student Room Group

How do I send a letta

How do I send a letter like wot stamp do I use n how many stamps should I chuck on der

Need to send letter to student finance to prove my dada on the dole so they give me more money

Btw can u chuck the letter in the red boxes or do u have to go to the post office????

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this an Etonians attempt at urban vernacular :sigh:
Reply 2
I'd like to think he isn't trolling. Middle class white people have a tendency to have a really outdated conceptualization of street talk. It's incredibly funny watching them make an attempt at talking urban (in a humourous way) when their vocabulary and lack of contact with working class people restricts them :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Fact
I'd like to think he isn't trolling. Middle class white people have a tendency to have a really outdated conceptualization of street talk. It's incredibly funny watching them make an attempt at talking urban (in a humourous way) when their vocabulary and lack of contact with working class people restricts them :colondollar:

urban lol you're so funny, why not kuat say chav

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ana81
urban lol you're so funny, why not kuat say chav

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, in case they are reading of course. I'm assuming the word urban doesn't register in their lexicon which allows me to freely engage in supercilious conversations about them.
Original post by john0101
How do I send a letter like wot stamp do I use n how many stamps should I chuck on der

Need to send letter to student finance to prove my dada on the dole so they give me more money

Btw can u chuck the letter in the red boxes or do u have to go to the post office????

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok fam

1 - use 1 stamp only init u can get dem from da corna shop whsmiths or somin put it on da envelope anywhere will do

2 - write ur dads address on da envelope and put da letta in it

3 - put it in da red boxez

da end
Reply 6
Original post by Fact
Well, in case they are reading of course. I'm assuming the word urban doesn't register in their lexicon which allows me to freely engage in supercilious conversations about them.

Then again I have to argue that being a chav is a mentality.. I live in East London where the chavs and the non-chavs speak the same but act different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been a while, where have you been?
Reply 8
Original post by Ana81
Then again I have to argue that being a chav is a mentality.. I live in East London where the chavs and the non-chavs speak the same but act different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

East London you say. I might take a gap year there. Very cultural place and it doesn't fail to give you that post-conflict developing third world country feel :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Fact
East London you say. I might take a gap year there. Very cultural place and it doesn't fail to give you that post-conflict developing third world country feel :smile:

Are you a snob by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Ana81
Are you a snob by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. I was joking.
Original post by Fact

New member, eh? You can stay.
Reply 12
Original post by Viva Emptiness
New member, eh? You can stay.

What do you mean I can stay? On the forum? :confused:
Original post by Fact
What do you mean I can stay? On the forum? :confused:

Yep.
It's threads like this which really make me miss being able to give negative rep!

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt you'd be able to afford to send a letter if your dad's on the dole. 62p for a first class stamp nowadays, what a rip off!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

watup blud ?
u is buy sekon clarse innit like 53p ? u likk back of Kween's head. stikk on envelhope ( on outside innit )
u give flap good likking like larst night wiv u mum aiight.
slam that mofo in da black hole in da red box nomsayin' ?

riiiiispeck

:borat:
Screw the thread. It's going well.. a bit difficult with having to work alongside. How was your holiday?
Original post by Fact

Even though you were joking - you're right. :tongue:

pretty much how it works, just chuck it in

Quick Reply

Latest