The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle questions

I begin the media communications and cultural studies course in September, anyone else on this course or previously studied it?

Anyway, a few questions
On NCL site it states there's a scholarship that's a cash bursary for those under Income of £15k and you don't need to apply it will be awarded automatically, I am eligible for this but upon receiving my student finance results it hasn't been included?

Newcastle is my firm choice northumbria my insurance and both are asking the same grades which I've achieved this year through a BTEC Northumbria have confirmed me as insurance but not heard anything from Newcastle yet, has anyone else?

Applying for accom at Northumbria is a ballache and I can't be bothered... Can anything go wrong for me if I've met my conditions for newcastle? Should I apply for Northumbria accommodation just in case or is it not worth it?

And lastly, how do I check my accommodation after applying? It says my username should be my 10 digit UCAS one but isn't working, or will they just email me once I've been accepted somewhere?

Thankyou and hope to meet some of you very soon :smile: hopefully in Ricky road haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!
its not down to student finance, it's down to the university as to whether they award it to you or not so you'll find out in due course, either just before you start or once you've started....
As long as you firmed by the closing date which it sounds like you have, then you're alright... Sometimes the universities don't get back to you about that sort of thing. Some universities do, some don't think it necessary :smile:
It's always worth applying for accommodation at Northumbria just in case... As for Newcastle,there isn't a way to check it that I know of, otherwise I'd be doing the same... The places are released mid august so you'll wait until results day. They won't allocate rooms to conditional students until the place is confirmed. Some unconditional offers have been offered accommodation, and some like myself again, have not... So I'm in the august club too :smile:
Is Ricky road your main choice?
hope this helped :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply! Very helpful I'm just mega impatient haha, my first choice was Marris House but I don't think I'll get it as apparently it's full? And they only release a few more rooms, Ricky road is my second choice but I wouldn't be disappointed as it sounds fun to say the least haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending