The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because clueless chavs buy them for their offspring.
The real question is why would any parent allow their child to dress like a slut?
Reply 3
Original post by Autistic Merit
For example, why do shops sell really short shorts/skirts for girls who are about 12 or 13? Can a law not be passed to stop this?

So, in your dictatorship - at what age are girls allowed to wear short skirts? How long can they be, and how long do they have to be relative to the height of the wearer?
Because they sell.
Reply 5
Original post by Reue
Because clueless chavs buy them for their offspring.

What an appalling thing to say.
Original post by Blue_Mason
The real question is why would any parent allow their child to dress like a slut?

This really!

I went shopping the other day and saw some stuff in the kids section... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clip
So, in your dictatorship - at what age are girls allowed to wear short skirts? How long can they be, and how long do they have to be relative to the height of the wearer?

Common sense is all I can say on it really. I just can't understand why any parent would allow their Year 8 daughter to come in to school on non-uniform day in practically her underwear; and yes this is common in the school in which I teach!

And, no, the weather is no excuse.
Reply 8
Because children want to look like grown ups. They copy how they see grown ups dress because they think it'll make them look older.
Reply 9
Original post by Clip
What an appalling thing to say.

And yet accurate from my observations
Sex sells. Got get them on it whilst their young. :yes:
Original post by Drewski
Because children want to look like grown ups. They copy how they see grown ups dress because they think it'll make them look older.

That doesn't mean their parents should let them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Common sense is all I can say on it really. I just can't understand why any parent would allow their Year 8 daughter to come in to school on non-uniform day in practically her underwear; and yes this is common in the school in which I teach!

So can a 10 year old girl wear a short skirt as long as it isn't fashionable?
They'll do anything to make profit
Original post by karmacrunch
That doesn't mean their parents should let them!

Ofc, but companies sell them because kids want them and kids will pester parents until parents buy them. And companies know that.

And too many parents don't like being harsh and/or don't want their kid to be the one 'left behind' or bullied because of the kids who do get those clothes.

I don;t see why short skirts are wrong though, as long as they don't leave nothing to the imagination what is the problem?
Yep it's all about the $$$
Original post by Drewski
Ofc, but companies sell them because kids want them and kids will pester parents until parents buy them. And companies know that.

And too many parents don't like being harsh and/or don't want their kid to be the one 'left behind' or bullied because of the kids who do get those clothes.

There is no excuse for it and those parents are weak minded and do not possess the skills to be respectable parents

I know, it's really annoying!
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Erm... Butterfly? :lolwut:
Original post by Drewski

So the parents are still the issue here. Why would you care if your clothes are 'fashionable'or not or if your child is 'left behind'? School is for learning and your parents should teach you that. If parents say more often no the companies would probably go bust.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clip
So can a 10 year old girl wear a short skirt as long as it isn't fashionable?

She can wear it as long as it leaves something to the imagination at least.

Latest