The Student Room Group

I smacked a stranger's child and I think she's going to report me to the police?!

The kid was acting crazy. There were 2 kids, little girls both, but one of them was hitting the other one, scratching her and punching her and kicking her and pulling her around and basically being really violent. For some reason the other kid didn't run away but just took the whole thing like a man. I'm not exaggerating, it was horrifying to watch. I first just bertstared the kid, the kid saw me and stared at me but all the while she just went on hitting and punching and pulling. Then I made as if I was coming towards her but she didn't flinch or pull back or stop. Then I walked past and lightly smacked her head and sprinted away but when I looked back she was still doing it, devil-child!!! I thought I'd probably done it too lightly for her to feel it so I strolled back casually and smacked her on the back of the head, this time a lot harder. THAT stopped her. She didn't cry or anything, she just stopped bullying the other kid. The mother saw me though. Which is ****ing hilarious because she couldn't see her own kid's abuse on her own kid but she spotted the completely non-violent admonishment of a stranger straight away. What a **** parent. Took my name and address, yes I was stupid enough to give real details, didn't think of not telling the truth. Nothing's gonna happen, is it? I read a story a few days back about a shop assistant hitting a kid and there was a big fuss. The kid I hit was a real devil-child though.
Original post by Quaintsaintrah
Which is ****ing hilarious because she couldn't see her own kid's abuse on her own kid but she spotted the completely non-violent admonishment of a stranger straight away.

Hitting a child around the head is "non-violent"? :eyebrow:
Reply 2
Calling Troll in a thread is against forum rules, use the report function people.

Original post by Quaintsaintrah
Nothing's gonna happen, is it? I

Unlikely, but possibly.
What a rubbish parent!
You smacked a kid. Twice.. Yeah don't be surprised if the police get in touch.
There's nothing more annoying than an incompetent parent, but why on earth did you give her your details? You should have asked what for and explained the situation.
Reply 6
Are there CCTV cameras around that you could use in your defence?

I think the way our justice system works is quite simply you'd be at fault.

As much as it was hard to watch, most will say that it wasn't your problem and you should have spoke to the mother - or simply ignored it or reported it to staff. Not that they would have done anything but that's what the police would say. Basically, if you asked them what you should have done they'd come up with anything and everything but doing what you did. I know we all have our ways of dealing with things but the way in which we should by law seems to be basically do everything else but what we feel we should do.

Thing is, what if the mother abuses the children herself and she has a mark/bruise on her head already, for example?
The mum would then be able to blame you and you would be made an example of.
Reply 7
Wow you gave your details? Why would you do that?

What you should have done, to protect yourself, is drag the violent child away from the victim, and then speak to the mother. Perhaps you should have been the one calling the police if the mother didn't seem with it. She could be mentally ill for all we know.
(edited 9 years ago)
She could report you and you probably would be questioned. Maybe you'd get a caution, fine, or community service, prison is unlikely. Obviously you had to do something to stop the child from attacking the other one, but maybe pulling her away from the other child and/or shouting would certainly have been better than smacking the child, you could have acted better. But hopefully the child's mother won't take any further action, and if she does, just be open and honest with the police.
Reply 9
Then I walked past and lightly smacked her head and sprinted away but when I looked back she was still doing it, devil-child!!!

:rofl:
Never slack another person's child. You could have picked up either the awful child or the other child and taken her to her mother
Should have smacked the mum as well, and then run off
There's other ways to go about it than slapping the child across the head. You should have fly kicked her.
Why didn't you break up her attack by pulling them away and making sure the mother gets there? I don't see the point in smacking her across the head (or smacking kids in general at all). She could have something wrong with her that hasn't been addressed and it doesn't mean the parent is useless if she was busy and didn't see (if she did then she should have broken the fight up). Dealing with challenging children is hard and to be fair the other girl should have shoved her back.
Original post by Dilzo999
There's other ways to go about it than slapping the child across the head. You should have fly kicked her.

ngl i laughed out loud
Just say you thought the kid was yours/your little sister
Original post by Reue
Calling Troll in a thread is against forum rules, use the report function people.

Unlikely, but possibly.

spoilsport :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending