The Student Room Group

Which satchel for sixth form?

I really want to buy a satchel from zatchels for a sixth form bag but I don't know which size to get...I'd like a 14.5" one but am worried that it would be too small and not fit in a ring binder with other stuff. They do 16" ones but I'm short so it might look really bulky on me :frown: any suggestions as to which size would be better?
16" one. I think it'll be better to get the bigger one because then you'll know that you can fit your stuff in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sweeties122
I really want to buy a satchel from zatchels for a sixth form bag but I don't know which size to get...I'd like a 14.5" one but am worried that it would be too small and not fit in a ring binder with other stuff. They do 16" ones but I'm short so it might look really bulky on me :frown: any suggestions as to which size would be better?

Carrying all the weight on one side is not a great idea and the bigger satchels can look bulky imo. I have a cambridge one and even though it looks bulky it doesn't fit a massive amount, can't see it being practical for 6th form.
Reply 3
Original post by SHABANA
Carrying all the weight on one side is not a great idea and the bigger satchels can look bulky imo. I have a cambridge one and even though it looks bulky it doesn't fit a massive amount, can't see it being practical for 6th form.

hmm maybe a rucksack might be a better option then. What size is your satchel and can you fit ring binders in it if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
I've just ordered at 17 in one for uni. And I'm very short so it'll look huge on me but I want to be able to fit all my stuff in it.
I used a satchel for most of my first year and a rucksack for all of my second. I'd definitely recommend a rucksack. They're easier to carry, they feel lighter as the weight is distributed, and you can get more in them. If you're organised you can get away with only taking one ring binder in, which you then empty into lever arch files that stay at home as it fills. Depends what subjects you're taking though, because some require huge textbooks to be brought in every day, and I had to bring my laptop in once a week in my second year.
Reply 6
Original post by sweeties122
hmm maybe a rucksack might be a better option then. What size is your satchel and can you fit ring binders in it if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

It's the 15" batchel. If I put a ring binder in it, I wouldn't be able to fit anything else in. It could fit a spiral-bound notebook - a regular slim one.
I would definitely get a rucksack instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending