The Student Room Group

Mates girlfriend cheated

So my mates girlfriend cheated on him a lot. They broke up and as far as me and my other friends know he doesn't know. They have now got back together though, and we don't know if we should tell him. Help?
Reply 1
I would.
Reply 2
Well when they split up we agreed that if they looked like getting back together we would tell him, but now its happened maybe ignorance is bliss? The problem is she cheated at uni and when she goes back we can only assume she will do it again.
tell him

ignorance will not help him

shes taking him for some mug, and you want your mate to deal with that kind of woman?

the girl can go **** herself, what do you care, it's your mate and she's just some dishonest cow
Original post by Anonymous
So my mates girlfriend cheated on him a lot. They broke up and as far as me and my other friends know he doesn't know. They have now got back together though, and we don't know if we should tell him. Help?

If your not going to tell your mate about his cheating gf, I don't think you can call yourself his mate anymore.
I think he deserves to have all pertinent information.

If they had stayed broken up it probably wouldn't have mattered in the long term (I certainly have a few exes who I have my suspicions about but don't bother worrying about it because it's in the past and matters little) but he has gotten back with her on false pretences and she's taking him as a mug.

I think you and a elect group of friends should sit him down and tell him how it is.

Otherwise you;re a ****e friend leaving him in a ****e relationship with a ****e cheat.
Tell him. He's your mate and deserves to know he could be about to get hurt.
Tell him. If it were me, I'd expect my mates to tell me and I'd be happy they did. Don't let some slimy bint use him.
Reply 8
Why hadn't you already told him? Do it, he deserves to know.
What kind of friends are you? You should have told him the moment you found out, definitely tell him now.
Reply 10
I think you are very bad person for not saying in the first place.

People like me have had their lives turned upside down permanently through cheating, and people like you let cheaters get away with it.

You make me angry, and I hope I don't make any friends like you.
Reply 11
Should have told him from the get go I think. Definitely tell him now.
Hey, give him a break - being involved in other people's affairs is messy and ill-advised. It is very difficult to know what the right thing to do is because it's not strictly your business and you never have the full picture.

In this case though, yeah, you should tell him.
It might be difficult - he might not believe you, might be annoyed at you for not telling him sooner, might even be annoyed at you for telling him at all. You just have to explain as well as you can that you weren't sure what to do but now that he's back with her you couldn't stand back any more. Then how they resolve the situation is up to them.
We found out in the interlude and thought it would just cause him unnecessary pain if we told him. Under normal circumstances we would obviously tell him but the reason they broke up was because she got off with someone in a club in front of us (he wasn't out) so we told him about that. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows about her sleeping with these other lads but is keeping it quiet. We don't want to humiliate him.
Reply 14

tell him
Tell him! If I didn't know, I would appreciate someone telling me my boyfriend cheated.

Tell him before he falls in too deep with this slag

edit: no pun intended
Tell him OP. I can suggest a way how you could go about this.

'Bro your GF's basically a door knob......'
We told him, he kicked off big style.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending