The Student Room Group

Can I apply to a course through Adjustment at the same Uni?

I've read through quite a few threads about adjustment and still haven't really found an answer to this question.

What i would like to know is can you apply to another course through adjustment if the course is at the same Uni as your firm choice? I really like the Uni that I've picked, I'm down to to business and philosophy but I don't want to do this anymore. The requirements for my course are ABB, the course I want to do is business and law at the same Uni and the requirements are AAB. My A level predictions are AAA so if I get this will I be able to go through adjustment for this course? There are other unis that offer this course I want but I really like where I am and I don't want to move away from home at the moment due to poor health.

Im sorry if this is a stupid question and it's already been answered, I just couldn't find what I was looking for! Xx
Original post by DollyMaii.x
I've read through quite a few threads about adjustment and still haven't really found an answer to this question.

What i would like to know is can you apply to another course through adjustment if the course is at the same Uni as your firm choice? I really like the Uni that I've picked, I'm down to to business and philosophy but I don't want to do this anymore. The requirements for my course are ABB, the course I want to do is business and law at the same Uni and the requirements are AAB. My A level predictions are AAA so if I get this will I be able to go through adjustment for this course? There are other unis that offer this course I want but I really like where I am and I don't want to move away from home at the moment due to poor health.

Im sorry if this is a stupid question and it's already been answered, I just couldn't find what I was looking for! Xx
You can, although the issue is whether they are participating in adjustment anyway. A better option would be to contact your firm now and ask if they will consider you for the other course in advance of results day, since your predictions meet the requirements. You might be lucky.
Ring up the department and ask, you won't need to give your name or anything.
Reply 3
Well I went through adjustment last year, I changed unis but stuck with the same course. I think procedure is the same, all I did was phone the university I wanted as soon as the lines opened and if there's space on this course, it will go smoothly from there. Unfortunately, if there isn't any space on the course you want, you will have to phone other unis.
Reply 4
Thank you everyone :smile:

I will try and phone them this afternoon, do I just phone the admissions department?
Original post by DollyMaii.x
Thank you everyone :smile:

I will try and phone them this afternoon, do I just phone the admissions department?

Start there and they will transfer you to who you need to speak to.

Quick Reply