The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer?

Hi all,

So I applied to UEA's BSc Environmental Geography & International Development. I received a conditional offer for them and since applying they have now changed my offer to unconditional. I'm just wondering why as I haven't received my results yet?! And it's not even results day... I'm still waiting for Leeds (my firm choice) to give me their decision, I mean it's okay if I don't get into Leeds as I do definitely have a place for uni now and I like the course, but I'm confused why UEA has changed their mind about my offer?!

More universities are giving unconditional offers so that you lock into a firm acceptance with them. If you would rather be at Leeds and you end up getting the grades required, you may regret accepting an unconditional offer. So before you accept the guaranteed place, think carefully and make sure you're happy making that choice.

Check this recent piece in the Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/10973008/Your-university-place-deal-or-no-deal.html

As the piece says, some universities don't require you to make a firm acceptance, so it may be worth asking if that's the case with your offer. If so, it's a pretty good place to be on all counts.

Good luck with your decision!
I know 4 other people who have received unconditional offers from UEA. Why do you think this particular university is giving out so many?:confused:
Original post by YoYoYo1717
I know 4 other people who have received unconditional offers from UEA. Why do you think this particular university is giving out so many?:confused:

Every university is trying to win more of the best students. They are not trying to form to form an orderly queue to be handed students according to some preconceived ranking order. Moreover there are no prizes for a university in giving out offers that are not accepted by students or being made an insurance choice that is not taken up because the student gets the grades for their firm choice. By giving out unconditional offers UEA thinks that it has an edge in the game.
Original post by CharlotteDavenz
Hi all,

So I applied to UEA's BSc Environmental Geography & International Development. I received a conditional offer for them and since applying they have now changed my offer to unconditional. I'm just wondering why as I haven't received my results yet?! And it's not even results day... I'm still waiting for Leeds (my firm choice) to give me their decision, I mean it's okay if I don't get into Leeds as I do definitely have a place for uni now and I like the course, but I'm confused why UEA has changed their mind about my offer?!

Ahh soo lucky! !!! :smile: wish that was me :frown:
At as level did you achieve all A's?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest