The Student Room Group

My Chemical Romance Society

Scroll to see replies

frederizia

You haven't seen LOTMS yet? Go and do it now! It's really great, I could watch it all the time. And it's quite funny at times as well. You surely have about 2 hours to spare some time?

It's not the time, it's the fact that there's likely to be swearing, and I have a 7 year old sister who likes to hang around if i'm watching something. Sounds pathetic, but it's true :frown:

I'd watch it on my laptop with headphones in but it refuses to play dvds :frown:
snowyowl
It's not the time, it's the fact that there's likely to be swearing, and I have a 7 year old sister who likes to hang around if i'm watching something. Sounds pathetic, but it's true :frown:

I'd watch it on my laptop with headphones in but it refuses to play dvds :frown:

It's not only likely that there's swearing, there's a LOT of swearing :wink:. I guess, you'll have to wait then, but it's really worth it. It's so awesome to actually get to see what the guys are like and to be backstage etc. Definitely one of my favourite DVDs.

ETA: All the best MCR quotes are from that DVD! Seriously, force your sister to meet friends or something :wink:. Too bad that DVDs don't seem to work on your laptop, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't watch DVDs in my room.
frederizia
It's not only likely that there's swearing, there's a LOT of swearing :wink:. I guess, you'll have to wait then, but it's really worth it. It's so awesome to actually get to see what the guys are like and to be backstage etc. Definitely one of my favourite DVDs.

ETA: All the best MCR quotes are from that DVD! Seriously, force your sister to meet friends or something :wink:. Too bad that DVDs don't seem to work on your laptop, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't watch DVDs in my room.

I know, I'll try and get them to work :frown:

I really want to watch it :frown: is that where the moose/meese/moosi quote comes from?

Lol the making ofs are funny :tongue: I've seen them on youtube, they're hilarious XD

So do you have a favourite guy?
snowyowl
I know, I'll try and get them to work :frown:

I really want to watch it :frown: is that where the moose/meese/moosi quote comes from?

Lol the making ofs are funny :tongue: I've seen them on youtube, they're hilarious XD

So do you have a favourite guy?

Nope, I actually don't know where that quote is from. Thouh I *think* I saw a video on youtube once, not sure. But there are soo many good quotes, one of my favourites is "this **** is easy peasy pumpkin peasy pumpkin pie ************" (oh, this will be censored!).

Yeah, the making ofs are great and the DVD is pretty muich like that.

Yeeees, Frank! And Gerard, but Frank is really my favourite. :love: (I feel like a fangirl! Help!)
frederizia
Nope, I actually don't know where that quote is from. Thouh I *think* I saw a video on youtube once, not sure. But there are soo many good quotes, one of my favourites is "this **** is easy peasy pumpkin peasy pumpkin pie ************" (oh, this will be censored!).

Yeah, the making ofs are great and the DVD is pretty muich like that.

Yeeees, Frank! And Gerard, but Frank is really my favourite. :love: (I feel like a fangirl! Help!)

Okay, I'll try and watch it when I get the chance :biggrin:

Don't worry :tongue: I feel like a fangirl having a favourite too, but Mikey :love:...

How about a favourite song? :biggrin:
snowyowl
ow about a favourite song? :biggrin:

Impossible to say! It all depends on the day etc. The last week or so my favourite was Skylines and Turnstiles but as I said it's really hard to say.
Though I consider Demolition Lovers one of my all time favourites (of all songs, it's definitely Top 2 with Chase This Light by Jimmy Eat World), so I suppose that would be my favourite.
frederizia
Impossible to say! It all depends on the day etc. The last week or so my favourite was Skylines and Turnstiles but as I said it's really hard to say.
Though I consider Demolition Lovers one of my all time favourites (of all songs, it's definitely Top 2 with Chase This Light by Jimmy Eat World), so I suppose that would be my favourite.

Ah right, Demolition Lovers is amazing, I'd put it in a top 10 MCR songs (not that I'd ever want to make such a list, it'd be so hard! :frown:)

This Is How I Disappear has always been my favourite, although Disenchanted is probably my second :biggrin:

To The End is my favourite from Three Cheers, and Honey, This Mirror is my favourite from Bullets. :biggrin:

MCR have started work on their new album, it's been confirmed on the website! Can't wait, I'm so excited :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Disenchanted was the first song I really loved from TBP.

Yeah, I know about the album! Awesome, huh! I really can't wait to hear it and I have feeling that I'm going to like it. I do love that they now have a blog on their website, it's quite awesome. They used to do that when they were working on Three Cheers, apparently, but I wasn't around then.
Nah, me neither :frown:

I love the blog too! And the twitter thing, I got twitter just to follow them :biggrin:

I'm really looking forward to this new album, I heard it's going to sound a bit like Three Cheers in style, or maybe a cross between Three Cheers and Desolation Row :biggrin:
Yeah, I like that Desolation Row and their one new song (that they probably won't play again, ever, haha) sounded a bit more like punk, a bit rougher and not so...grand like TBP. I'll let them surprise me but I really really hope that it's at least a bit like Desolation Row :wink:.
Me too :biggrin:

Do you get the whole "emo" label because you like MCR? They're my favourite band, so I get it a lot - I personally don't even think MCR's music is "emo"! (I put it in speech marks since no one ever seems to have a proper definition of what emo is when I ask.)
Not really but then again I don't talk to people about music much (most of my friends have a rubbish taste in music) and when I mention that I like them, I quickly say that I'm not emo :wink:. Though I do listen to a lot of music that is labeled as emo...
Another thing is that where I'm from, most of the fake-emo kids (that dress like emos) are like 15 and no one my age is actually too bothered about who is emo and who's not and they don't label people as much (not in that way, anyway, it's just nerds etc here).
Ah, most people I know listen to chavvy music :frown:

I'm in year 13 so you'd think people would have grown out of the need to label everything and everyone by now, but apparently not :s-smilie:.

Even when they do call me emo, it doesn't stop me being a proud fan :biggrin:
I think most people I know have decent taste in music, so that's not a problem. And I don't know, in my school it was never really like that. We usually only gossiped about ugly clothes or suck ups and geeks etc.

And yeah, in year 13 you'd really expect people to be more open. Do you like wearing black? Because people tend to make assumptions based on that.
I used to wear a lot of black but I left all my pretty bandshirts at home when I went to Ecuador and now I just have more colourful clothes but I do still love my shirts. :love:
I don't actually wear black very often in general, but I have an MCR top (black with a white design) that I wear a hell of a lot, and my school bag is a reversible MCR bag :biggrin:

EDIT: I didn't buy it from here, and obviously I've got the girl version :tongue: but this is the top I always wear.

EDIT 2: And here's my bag! :biggrin:
snowyowl
I don't actually wear black very often in general, but I have an MCR top (black with a white design) that I wear a hell of a lot, and my school bag is a reversible MCR bag :biggrin:

EDIT: I didn't buy it from here, and obviously I've got the girl version :tongue: but this is the top I always wear.

My friend has that shirt! My favourite MCR shirt is this one http://www.amazon.de/My-Chemical-Romance-Shirt-Praying/dp/B001132XT6/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1235042116&sr=8-16. I saw a girl wear it at a concert and I had to have it! And the Nov 07 tour shirt for sentimental reasons :wink:. I'm still pissed at myself for not buying a tour shirt at my first MCR concert (which was actually my first concert ever). I was naive enough to think that it'd be available on the internet :rolleyes:. Stupid me.

Gerard said that people who liked the first album will probably like the new one :love:.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605259/20090217/my_chemical_romance.jhtml

And the working title of a song is "New Hair, Same ****" haha. Though that's so unlike MCR to tell someone a song title beforehand, after the Disenchanted /Shut Up And Play thing.
frederizia
My friend has that shirt! My favourite MCR shirt is this one http://www.amazon.de/My-Chemical-Romance-Shirt-Praying/dp/B001132XT6/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1235042116&sr=8-16. I saw a girl wear it at a concert and I had to have it! And the Nov 07 tour shirt for sentimental reasons :wink:. I'm still pissed at myself for not buying a tour shirt at my first MCR concert (which was actually my first concert ever). I was naive enough to think that it'd be available on the internet :rolleyes:. Stupid me.

That top is amazing! I'd never seen it before :frown: I also own this belt, these badges, and loads of other stuff :biggrin: and my MCR-mad friend owns this hoodie! :biggrin: You can tell I'm a little obsessed :tongue:

:eek: You've been to see MCR? You're sooooo lucky :frown: You should have bought the top :frown:

Although Gerard said in NME yesterday that they hope to be back on tour before the end of this year! :woo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did you see that NME?

frederizia

Gerard said that people who liked the first album will probably like the new one :love:.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605259/20090217/my_chemical_romance.jhtml

And the working title of a song is "New Hair, Same ****" haha. Though that's so unlike MCR to tell someone a song title beforehand, after the Disenchanted /Shut Up And Play thing.

Lol I saw that, all I can say is yays!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I know, lol on TBPID!, in the Jersey show, they refuse to tell the crowd what that new song's called - the one fans now call Stay :biggrin:

And there's the song fans have called The World Is Ugly, too - I wonder if they'll make it to the new album?
snowyowl

:eek: You've been to see MCR? You're sooooo lucky :frown: You should have bought the top :frown:

Yes, I have! Twice :love:. Twas quite awesome both times. I wish I had become a fan earlier, I could've seen them in a much smaller venue just a few months before my first concert.

Although Gerard said in NME yesterday that they hope to be back on tour before the end of this year! :woo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did you see that NME?

I'm not in the UK, so no NME for me. Although, maybe it's on the internet? I'll have a look. But that's awesome! Will probably be a while until they come to Europe but that implies that the album will be done by then! :woo:

I know, lol on TBPID!, in the Jersey show, they refuse to tell the crowd what that new song's called - the one fans now call Stay :biggrin:

And there's the song fans have called The World Is Ugly, too - I wonder if they'll make it to the new album?

I don't think those songs will make it onto the album. They probably wouldn't fit with the rest of them because they were written at a different time. Maybe they'll be B-sides though?
I liked them, though the lyrics annoyed me at times. I do love the "Can we both be ugly?" part of the second song though! And it was funny, when I saw them in London they played Stay/New song I and no one around me knew it but because the internet is a wonderful thing, I did obviously.
frederizia
Yes, I have! Twice :love:. Twas quite awesome both times. I wish I had become a fan earlier, I could've seen them in a much smaller venue just a few months before my first concert.

I only became a fan last year, so by then they were on their break :frown: The Black Parade was my most prized possession for AGES :love: I own all their albums now (except Live And Rare, but that was only released in Japan so I had to download it) and I treasure them all :biggrin:

frederizia

I'm not in the UK, so no NME for me. Although, maybe it's on the internet? I'll have a look. But that's awesome! Will probably be a while until they come to Europe but that implies that the album will be done by then! :woo:

Oh yeah, I see that now :tongue:

I didn't see it on the website yesterday but they might have out it up since.

Yes it does, and I totally can't wait!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::woo:
frederizia

I don't think those songs will make it onto the album. They probably wouldn't fit with the rest of them because they were written at a different time. Maybe they'll be B-sides though?
I liked them, though the lyrics annoyed me at times. I do love the "Can we both be ugly?" part of the second song though! And it was funny, when I saw them in London they played Stay/New song I and no one around me knew it but because the internet is a wonderful thing, I did obviously.

B-sides, or if they do another LOTMS-type CD they should include them on there :biggrin:

Have you heard the RnR Cheryl remix of To The End? It's on the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack :smile: To The End is my favourite song on Three Cheers, I was so annoyed to learn it'd been remixed! :mad: And the worst thing is, I think it's growing on me :mad:
Haha, nope I haven't heard it yet. I might look it up, then. To The End is your favourite song on Three Cheers? Mine varies but right now it's Deathwish.

I don't have Live And Rare either. I wish I had but it's so expensive because it's an import so I'll wait until I'm rich :wink:.

Quick Reply

Latest