16. Leicester City
17. Swansea City
----------
18. Aston Villa
19. Burnley
20. West Bromwich Albion

I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 title contenders (you know what they are)

Spurs and Everton aren't touching the top 5 at all

Burnley, Sunderland and West Brom are the relegation favourites imo (could see Hull, Swansea and Leicester fighting relegation too)
Reply 23
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Everton

18.Aston Villa
19.WBA
20.Burnley

I know I will be disliked for this, but I honestly think Spurs will be fifth. They have a new manager and some great players. They just need to use them right, and then we could even come 3rd.

I think Liverpool will do pretty lame, because I just think Liverpool can't replace him.

And I reckon Everton will do worse then both of these guys.
Reply 24
Hi
Original post by CallMeJay
I sincerely hope this is a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How so?
Why does everyone under-rate Swansea? They (close to) literally came up to the PL with no money and still managed to do well for the previous 3 seasons. Last season was less good but it is hard when the big clubs buy all of the young decent players and Swansea have been particularly targeted (which is another proof that the rest of the league believe Swansea are a good side.) What is more annoying is that Southampton had one decent season and now everyone believes they are somehow brilliant? What happens to Swansea every year (good young players being sucked out of the club, usually to sit on the bench) has happened to Southampton this year and now they lack the quality (compared to last year.) Swansea dont near get the credit they deserve especially as, unlike most teams, they did it with a shortage of funds and this is coming from a neutral fan.
Lmao at how you are all placing swansea and southampton so high yet villa to get relegated. Swansea and southampton are both having there squads ripped to pieces
Original post by neal95
Lmao at how you are all placing swansea and southampton so high yet villa to get relegated. Swansea and southampton are both having there squads ripped to pieces

I agree with Southampton but everyone is placing Swansea lowdown:frown:
Also villa will hve Darren bent back and joe cole who when played in his proper position is a beast Nouri go ruined him when he turned him into a winger and disciplined him, he was one of the most technically gifte players of his generation and still has the footballing brain to make some great passes , think villa will surprise many this season. Swansea nailed on relegation for me, losing bony, michu Taylor vorm and possibly Hernandez, nathan dyer fitness issues and will you even get de Guzman back?
Original post by neal95
Also villa will hve Darren bent back and joe cole who when played in his proper position is a beast Nouri go ruined him when he turned him into a winger and disciplined him, he was one of the most technically gifte players of his generation and still has the footballing brain to make some great passes , think villa will surprise many this season. Swansea nailed on relegation for me, losing bony, michu Taylor vorm and possibly Hernandez, nathan dyer fitness issues and will you even get de Guzman back?

As i said, there is an annual purge on Swansea's top players every season, and so far they have dealt with the following season really well considering lack of funds.
Original post by JackRowbotham
As i said, there is an annual purge on Swansea's top players every season, and so far they have dealt with the following season really well considering lack of funds.

True but I highly doubt you will finish 8th like some posters seem to think- great style of play but never seem to get the results needed for that sort of position
1. Chelsea
2. Man Citeh
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
1) Chelsea
2) Manchester City
3) Manchester United
4) Arsenal
5) Liverpool
6) Spurs
7) Everton
8) Southampton
9) Newcastle
10) West Ham
11) Aston Villa
12) West Brom
13) Swansea
14) Hull
15) Crystal Palace
16) Stoke
17) QPR
18) Sunderland
19) Leicester
20) Burnley
Original post by neal95
True but I highly doubt you will finish 8th like some posters seem to think- great style of play but never seem to get the results needed for that sort of position

On the contrary, i've only ever seen people/things (especially on this thread) saying that Swansea are going to do badly this season.
Reply 36
Original post by JackRowbotham
Why does everyone under-rate Swansea? They (close to) literally came up to the PL with no money and still managed to do well for the previous 3 seasons. Last season was less good but it is hard when the big clubs buy all of the young decent players and Swansea have been particularly targeted (which is another proof that the rest of the league believe Swansea are a good side.) What is more annoying is that Southampton had one decent season and now everyone believes they are somehow brilliant? What happens to Swansea every year (good young players being sucked out of the club, usually to sit on the bench) has happened to Southampton this year and now they lack the quality (compared to last year.) Swansea dont near get the credit they deserve especially as, unlike most teams, they did it with a shortage of funds and this is coming from a neutral fan.

Swansea haven't really suffered that much in losing young players to big clubs? Before this summer there was only really Allen following Rodgers to Anfield and Sinclair deciding to warm to bench at City. Can't think of anyone else beyond that. Transfers of Davies and Bony (if it happens) will be the big losses but they're understandable moves. Surprised Davies didn't go last summer really, the club did well to hold onto him for the year.

And Swansea are always getting credit for the way they play/run the club etc. Sometimes too much tbh (this is coming from a Swansea supporter).
Anyone else starting to think Southampton will struggle? Let's look at the team which came to Old Trafford last season:

Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Davis, Rodriguez, Osvaldo

Davis, Lambert, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Do Prado, Chambers, Hooiveld

Manager: Pocchetino
Chairman: Cortese

6 players gone, 2 look like they're going to follow soon, another 2 have turned down contracts and the manager and chairman have also left. Haven't seen asset stripping like this since Portsmouth 2009 or Leeds 2003.
Reply 38
Original post by The Assassin
1. Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Yoo

I'd change that

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea

If any of these teams get lower than these predictions then they've grossly underachieved. Would say that Arsenal should get second but Liverpool are looking strong this season.
What do you make of Chambers mate? Would have to say that £11m rising to £16m seems steep given how little he's actually achieved to date but there must be some serious talent there. Comparisons with Shaw? Could he play CB?

Quick Reply

Latest