The Student Room Group

PL Final Table Predictions 14-15

I know it's early, but I love writing out my table predictions at the start of the season and seeing how far off I am when it comes to May. What are yours? Here's mine:

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West Ham United
11. Stoke City
12. Sunderland
13. Hull City
14. Queens Park Rangers
15. Leicester City
16. Swansea City
17. Crystal Palace
18. Aston Villa
19. Burnley
20. West Bromwich Albion

Scroll to see replies

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West Ham United
11. Stoke City
12. Sunderland
13. Hull City
14. Queens Park Rangers
15. Leicester City
16. Swansea City
17. Crystal Palace
18. Aston Villa
19. Burnley
20. West Bromwich Albion
Original post by Mackay
I know it's early, but I love writing out my table predictions at the start of the season and seeing how far off I am when it comes to May. What are yours? Here's mine:

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West Ham United
11. Stoke City
12. Sunderland
13. Hull City
14. Queens Park Rangers
15. Leicester City
16. Swansea City
17. Crystal Palace
18. Aston Villa
19. Burnley
20. West Bromwich Albion

Agree almost entirely, but Swansea for Villa and Southampton to finish much lower than 8th.
Reply 3
Original post by Zürich
Agree almost entirely, but Swansea for Villa and Southampton to finish much lower than 8th.

I see what you're saying. Swansea and Villa were pretty interchangeable for me.

I can see Koeman instilling a belief in Southampton - they've been rewarded handsomely thus far despite losing important players. A few astute signings and they won't be too shabby, I think. At best they can hope for 8th/9th, at worst I expect them to languish in 15th/16th. I wouldn't have thought they'll go down, though.
Original post by Mackay
I see what you're saying. Swansea and Villa were pretty interchangeable for me.

I can see Koeman instilling a belief in Southampton - they've been rewarded handsomely thus far despite losing important players. A few astute signings and they won't be too shabby, I think. At best they can hope for 8th/9th, at worst I expect them to languish in 15th/16th. I wouldn't have thought they'll go down, though.

They've done some solid business already but it's just hard for a team like Southampton to spend so much money well really. Players in the £20m price range wont be interested in a team like Southampton, unless they're risky signings from poor leagues. Probably theyll continue to sign decent £10m Dutch players and so OK, Koeman is a decent manager(nothing more) so probably 12th or around there for me.

Swansea and Villa are both hugely dependent on Benteke/Bony to keep them up, the rest of their squads have relegation written all over.

West Brom will 100% finish last though, never seen a more blatant case.
Original post by Zürich
They've done some solid business already but it's just hard for a team like Southampton to spend so much money well really. Players in the £20m price range wont be interested in a team like Southampton, unless they're risky signings from poor leagues. Probably theyll continue to sign decent £10m Dutch players and so OK, Koeman is a decent manager(nothing more) so probably 12th or around there for me.

Swansea and Villa are both hugely dependent on Benteke/Bony to keep them up, the rest of their squads have relegation written all over.

West Brom will 100% finish last though, never seen a more blatant case.

Gomis and Sigurdsson at Swansea now - Sigs absolutely bossed it couple of years back when he came on loan. Davies and Vorm gone, but we already have Taylor at LB who is pretty much the same level as Davies. Fabianski isn't much different from Vorm too quality wise.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Man United
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. Newcastle
10. West Ham
11. Southampton
12. Sunderland
13. Stoke
14. QPR
15. Aston Villa
16. Leicester
17. Burnley
18. Hull
19. West Brom
20. Crystal Palace

It's quite an exciting season ahead. You have to say Chelsea and City are the favourites with the other 3 outsiders in some manner - but are all capable of going all the way. The top 5 are all liable to interchange in some manner. Can't see Spurs or Everton breaking the top 4, seeing as the top 5 look strong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Zürich

Yeah, and Benteke's injured and Bony's off to us!
Original post by Gob Bluth
Gomis and Sigurdsson at Swansea now - Sigs absolutely bossed it couple of years back when he came on loan. Davies and Vorm gone, but we already have Taylor at LB who is pretty much the same level as Davies. Fabianski isn't much different from Vorm too quality wise.

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man United
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. Newcastle
10. West Hame
11. Southampton
12. Crystal Palace
13. QPR
14. Sunderland
15. Stoke
16. Leicester
17. Aston Villa
18. Hull
19. West Brom
20. Burnley

It's quite an exciting season ahead. You have to say Chelsea and City are the favourites with the other 3 outsiders in some manner - but are all capable of going all the way. The top 5 are all liable to interchange in some manner. Can't see Spurs or Everton breaking the top 4, seeing as the top 5 look strong.

Sigurdsson is a brilliant signing in fairness, but you've lost Davies so it's swings and roundabouts as you say Fabianski is a brilliant goalkeeper tbh, has moments of madness but 95% of the time he's the business so worth it. Probably one of those keepers who will look better at a smaller team since he wont have as much time to lose focus etc. Just thought Swansea were so overreliant on Bony last season that the rest of the team might struggle if he dips in form

City have to be favourites really, best team and they can definitely improve at CB to improve further. Aguero wasnt fit last season either so if he is this time, then they'll just steamroll it like they were doing around Jan last season when they were unplayable.

Cant see Arsenal finishing below 3rd, although we wont be that close to the title either probably.

Spurs will limp into 6th no doubt, Everton may struggle without the loan signings, can see Newcastle finishing above them because theyve had a brilliant window thus far.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. arsenal
4. man City
5. Man United
6. Everton
7. spurs
8. C palace
9. Newcastle
10. stoke
11. West Ham
12. hull
13. Southampton
14. Qpr
15 Villa
16. Leicester
17. West Bromwich
18. Sunderland
19. Swansea
20. Burnley
Edit: Updated following player & manager changes.

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester United
------------------------------
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur

16. Sunderland
17. West Brom
--------------------------------
18. Aston Villa
19. Crystal Palace
20. Burnley

Also, in before someone predicting all 3 promoted teams to go straight back down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
We'll finish fourth above Man United.
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Crystal Palace
9. Newcastle
10. Southampton
11. West Ham
12. Stoke
13. Sunderland
14. Hull
15. Swansea
16. Leicester
17. QPR
18. Aston Villa
19. West Brom
20. Burnley
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. City
4. United
5. Liverpool
6-20. Don't care
1. Arsenal
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Yoo
Original post by mackay
i know it's early, but i love writing out my table predictions at the start of the season and seeing how far off i am when it comes to may. What are yours? Here's mine:

1. Manchester city
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Manchester united

5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham hotspur
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West ham united
11. Stoke city
12. Sunderland
13. Hull city
14. Queens park rangers
15. Leicester city
16. Swansea city
17. Crystal palace
18. Aston villa
19. Burnley
20. West bromwich albion

Original post by dailymailisaliar
1. Manchester united
2. Manchester city
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham hotspur
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Southampton
10. West ham united
11. Stoke city
12. Sunderland
13. Hull city
14. Queens park rangers
15. Leicester city
16. Swansea city
17. Crystal palace
18. Aston villa
19. Burnley
20. West bromwich albion

newcastlle above everton? Christ
Reply 15
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. Swansea
12. Sunderland
13. Stoke
14. Leicester
15. QPR
16. Aston Villa
17. Crystal Palace
18. Hull
19. West Brom
20. Burnley
Reply 16
west ham mid table

i actually am optimistic this season, perhaps 7th at a push,
Original post by Zürich
Sigurdsson is a brilliant signing in fairness, but you've lost Davies so it's swings and roundabouts as you say Fabianski is a brilliant goalkeeper tbh, has moments of madness but 95% of the time he's the business so worth it. Probably one of those keepers who will look better at a smaller team since he wont have as much time to lose focus etc. Just thought Swansea were so overreliant on Bony last season that the rest of the team might struggle if he dips in form

City have to be favourites really, best team and they can definitely improve at CB to improve further. Aguero wasnt fit last season either so if he is this time, then they'll just steamroll it like they were doing around Jan last season when they were unplayable.

Cant see Arsenal finishing below 3rd, although we wont be that close to the title either probably.

Spurs will limp into 6th no doubt, Everton may struggle without the loan signings, can see Newcastle finishing above them because theyve had a brilliant window thus far.

Taylor is still way better than Angel Rangel at RB who had an awful season. With Taylor able to get consistency i hope to see him get back to how he was before his injury couple of seasons back.

I wouldn't say Bony was over-relied upon to the extent people say really - though did score crucial goals in the final part of the season. He was considered a flop for the first half of the season by some! I've heard good things about Gomis - never actually watched him - from what i've heard he's a similar type of striker. It was more that Swansea lacked depth last season in key positions like Striker. Also, can't say i've seen anything of him since he signed last summer but wasn't your guy Jernade Meade one for the future? Was never going to get games with Taylor and Davies at the club - who were also both too good to be fighting for the same position.

Agree with the rest of the analysis - that's what you'd think - but would be cool if Spurs/Everton/any other club surprised us this season.
so far all as I see is arsenal in the top 4 for everyone.....

Spoiler

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool

----------
5. Arsenal
----------
6. Everton
7. Tottenham Hotspur

----------
8. Crystal Palace