The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Year Abroad choices!!!

I'm going to be doing a year abroad in my 3rd year at Birmingham uni and have narrowed my choices down to the Universities of Virginia, Iowa and Kansas.

Please help me put these in order of preference! How do they rank in terms of:

Academic/rankings
Social/party scene
College towns
Weather
Etc..

Thanks!!!
Out of those i'd go to Virginia.

I don't know anything about the unis or the towns they're in, but Iowa and Kansas, on the whole, are massive holes in the mid-west/middle-of-nowhere. Virginia, on the other hand, is cosmopolitan and more beautiful, unless you're into prairies.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I think Virginia is regarded as the better University out of your other two options. It is also regarded as a 'Public Ivy'. It is also ranked higher than Iowa and Kansas.

It depends though on what course you're doing? It may be worth looking into that if you haven't already.
Reply 3
Thanks guys! I was thinking about putting virginia down as my 1st choice too. virginia, iowa, kansas in that order maybe. Virginia is pretty damn hard to get into though :L Corax, I'll be doing kinesiology/human physiology (depending on what the uni calls their exercise science course)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Brumuni
Thanks guys! I was thinking about putting virginia down as my 1st choice too. virginia, iowa, kansas in that order maybe. Virginia is pretty damn hard to get into though :L Corax, I'll be doing kinesiology/human physiology (depending on what the uni calls their exercise science course)

Sounds interesting! And ah is it? I was thinking of maybe going to Virginia for my year abroad at Brum :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by corax
Sounds interesting! And ah is it? I was thinking of maybe going to Virginia for my year abroad at Brum :smile:

Nice choice corax! What do you study/ what year are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by Brumuni
Nice choice corax! What do you study/ what year are you in?

I'll hopefully be doing Liberal Arts in September if I get the results. There's a year abroad in the third year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending