The Student Room Group
Original post by mynameisdean
I am destined to be in Foundation Maths in Year 10.

When we did a foundation paper, not so long ago. I got an F; 83 marks out of 200 :colondollar:. I have never been good at maths but I made some progress this year as I got a Level 5 instead of being stuck on Level 4B for the past 3 years.

So guys, if I do really good in my Foundation Maths could I move up it higher?

Depends on your school. There's nothing stopping you in principle but it's up to your school to decide whether or not you should move up.
Yes, if you are consistently achieving high marks in the first term of year 10 in foundation, they will most probably move you up to higher. To make your case even better, you should talk to the head of maths at the start of the year to say that you'd like to be moved to higher if you can show you can perform excellently in foundation, so your plan is known to them. That way they know you're serious about doing it, and will keep an eye on you to see whether you should be moved up; you'll show you're being proactive about it and realy wanting it, not just waiting for the off-chance it will happen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mynameisdean
I am destined to be in Foundation Maths in Year 10.

When we did a foundation paper, not so long ago. I got an F; 83 marks out of 200 :colondollar:. I have never been good at maths but I made some progress this year as I got a Level 5 instead of being stuck on Level 4B for the past 3 years.

So guys, if I do really good in my Foundation Maths could I move up it higher?

yes. Some people i know did the foundation in yr 10 and then got moved up to do the higher tier paper. So baisically the answer is a yes but it depends on how well you preform on your mocks etc. It is easier for you to pass(get a C) on the higher paper than the foundation. So if you want to aim high i suggest you buckle up and prepare to do some hard core maths revision over this summer as it wont be long before september begins. For maths i suggest you use the mathswatch CD,go on corbett maths online and use revision guides etc.:smile:
I'm in year 10, Its December and next year I have mock exam. I'm in set 6 in maths and if I get a perfect score in the mock foundation paper, will I move on to higher or how many sets will move.
What is the best technique to study maths and if you want to move up from foundation to higher tier??
What is the best technique to study math and move up from foundation to higher tier?
is it possible for me to move on higher tier paper in year 11?

Latest