The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If your school does not cash in AS Level grades, surely there's no way Warwick would know unless it was mentioned by your teacher in his or her reference or you mentioned it in your personal statement.
Reply 2
Hi, I'm going to study history and politics at Exeter this year, but I also applied to Warwick. I got AAAB in my AS levels, and the B was in history, but like you I was still predicted an A at A2. When I applied I didn't put my AS result on my application, and Warwick still offered me a place with the conditional offer of AAB (they may have also said "including an A in history", but I'm not sure since I didn't accept the offer)...Exeter also gave me that offer and when I got my results a week ago (A- Sociology, A- English, B- History) they had already decided to forget about the requirement for an A in history :smile:.... Hope that helps.
Reply 3
Thanks thats great, I think my school has some weird policy of telling unis the AS results, but whatever, you've calmed my nerves! Good luck at Exeter Talia, I'm sure you'll do great!:smile:
Reply 4
Don't worry about it, I got a D in Politics AS and am now studying Politics at degree level. I just retook, got an A, and no problems.
Reply 5
I got a B in history at A level and am at Exeter, which contrary to some of the comments here, is quite a good university for History and Politics. My friend got a B at A level and has just graduated with a 2:1 in history from Oxford. So it's seriously not the be all and end all!

Latest

Trending

Trending