The Student Room Group

UCAS work experience HELP NEEDED!!

I only have a few days of work experience, not the months that some people here seem to have, i'm hoping to get some more at a care home and volunteer but no-where has replied over the last 4 months and everywhere i phone says 'sorry we don't offer work experience'. on the UCAS PS do we need to say how long each was for- because i've gained quite a lot from the few days.
Original post by Mutleybm1996
I only have a few days of work experience, not the months that some people here seem to have, i'm hoping to get some more at a care home and volunteer but no-where has replied over the last 4 months and everywhere i phone says 'sorry we don't offer work experience'. on the UCAS PS do we need to say how long each was for- because i've gained quite a lot from the few days.

I only had 3 days work experience, and I got 2 offers. As long as you can say what you have learned from the work experience and how it has helped you, it doesn't matter how much you've got.
Original post by I_am_sherlocked
I only had 3 days work experience, and I got 2 offers. As long as you can say what you have learned from the work experience and how it has helped you, it doesn't matter how much you've got.

did you say 'i spent 3 days..(blah blah)'?

also did you have any volunteering? which unis did you get offers from if i may ask?

I like your username by the way :P
Original post by Mutleybm1996
did you say 'i spent 3 days..(blah blah)'?

also did you have any volunteering? which unis did you get offers from if i may ask?

I like your username by the way :P

I said I organised 3 days work experience at my local hospital, and then I went on to say what I got out of it. I visited an elderly lady once of week for 6 months so I put that in as volunteering. I got offers from Leicester and Birmingham.

Hahaha, thank you :P
Would anyone else care to share their opinions?

All opinions are welcome, and appreciated greatly.
Original post by I_am_sherlocked
I said I organised 3 days work experience at my local hospital, and then I went on to say what I got out of it. I visited an elderly lady once of week for 6 months so I put that in as volunteering. I got offers from Leicester and Birmingham.

Hahaha, thank you :P

I have a week at an accountants also- should i include this? What could i say about it though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't put how many days you did! I did half a day at a genetics clinic and I learnt so so so much. if they ask you in your interview then say, but don't say you only did 3 days just say "I arranged some work experience at ..... and learnt .........." it genuinley is what you learn not what/how much you do

obviously the more the better, but don't sweat it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending