The Student Room Group

UCAS Questions (for 2015 Entry)

I have just finished Year 12. When adding my AS qualifications to UCAS, should I add a subject that I am continuing to A2 as an AS with a result (when I know the result)? Or should I just have the A2, and add the individual unit details to show that I have completed the AS, whilst keeping the last 3 unit results under 'Pending'?

I'm not entirely sure that was as clear as I would have liked it, but someone out there must know what I mean....
(edited 9 years ago)
AS levels are seperate qualifications. You need to add your AS levels, then add your A-levels.

The same also goes for GCSEs. If you have done a short course GCSE (such as Religious Studies) that you took to full GCSE, you need to add them seperately.

Does that answer your question? Sorry I'm not too sure what exactly you're asking.
Original post by SH0405
I have just finished Year 12. When adding my AS qualifications to UCAS, should I add a subject that I am continuing to A2 as an AS with a result (when I know the result)? Or should I just have the A2, and add the individual unit details to show that I have completed the AS, whilst keeping the last 3 unit results under 'Pending'?

I'm not entirely sure that was as clear as I would have liked it, but someone out there must know what I mean....

The stickied thread "declaring grade" explains this and more.
Reply 3
Original post by loperdoper
AS levels are seperate qualifications. You need to add your AS levels, then add your A-levels.

The same also goes for GCSEs. If you have done a short course GCSE (such as Religious Studies) that you took to full GCSE, you need to add them seperately.

Does that answer your question? Sorry I'm not too sure what exactly you're asking.

Yes, that explains it perfectly. Thanks a lot!
Reply 4
Original post by loperdoper

When entering the Qualification Date, should I put the date I completed the final exam, or the date I received the certificate?
Original post by SH0405
When entering the Qualification Date, should I put the date I completed the final exam, or the date I received the certificate?

On the certificate, it should have a qualification date? Because that's what I put down. For my GCSEs, it was June 2013.
So the date you completed the exam, I suppose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending