The Student Room Group

Clearing.. need some advices

Hi everyone ! My name is Jad, I'm 19 and I'm from Morocco.

I recently receive my results from the foundation year of Warwick (HEFP Business studies) and unfortunately, I miss the requirements of my firm (Warwick, BSC management) and insurance choice (Cass, Business studies). They are waiting for the A level results before taking any decision but I think that they will reject me.

However, my grades are pretty good and I meet, for example the requirements of Lancaster, in their course "Business studies".
According to the " the complete university guide" and "the guardian", Lancaster has a good ranking in both overall score and business management courses.
However, I don't want to take a decision just in regards of these rankings. This is why I would be happy to hear any information about Lancaster reputation (both international and local) or any alternative in a Business Management course.

I would like to study in a campus. For my point of view, that's an experience that we have to take at least for 3 years. I didn't have the chance to visit any campus, except in Warwick, which is an ideal for me. Thus, I'm looking for a campus which will be pretty similar to Warwick , with a lot of societies, a good nightlife, a lot events ans so on..
However, I red that the campus in Lancaster is not as good as other campus such as the campus of Warwick or Leeds. What do you guys think about that ?

I was also thinking about taking "Law and Business Studies" in the university of Warwick... but I red that this course is more based on law. I never studied law before and I'm afraid to find the course not interesting/difficult. To be honest, I'm considering this alternative just because of the University itself. Moreover, the ranking of the Warwick law school is pretty low (20th) in comparision with their other departments such as Economics or Business.

I'm sorry if my thread was too long, but I was too confident about going to the WBS and therefore I don't have so much information about other universities/course !

Many thanks for your consideration,
Jad
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending