The Student Room Group

How to ask someone on a date?

Ok so me and this boy have been texting each other for about a month. We met each other twice on night outs and just on Saturday he kissed me, I've been trying to drop hints about doing something but not sure if I'm doing it right, he said he was off work next week for few weeks and how his friends are a busy but I didn't know if this was a Hint, any advice I mean why would he kiss me ? And text me next morning first, we both had a drink but weren't drunk. He walked me and my friends to a taxi as well as rang me when I got home. Any advice please x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just ask him if he fancies going for a drink.

Yes, it really is that simple.
"Do you want to go on a date"
Reply 3
this
I have known you for a while and you have been a good friend to me. You always make me laugh.
I love it when you smile, it makes me feel good and I can't resist asking but will you go on a date with me?
Ask him if he wants to go out for food or to the cinema :smile:
either do it or don't - don't bury yourself in a deep hole of friendzone...the last thing you want him to be to you is "just a friend" and don't give him this impression because fundamentally speaking, men and women can't be friends, so either you follow through with this or you leave him.
Original post by universal_set
I have known you for a while and you have been a good friend to me. You always make me laugh.
I love it when you smile, it makes me feel good and I can't resist asking but will you go on a date with me?

beautiful. however.. if i was a girl i'd never ask a guy out.
If he liked you he would have asked you out on a date already.
Original post by SophiaLDN

poor advice.
'Do you want to go out on a date with me?'
Reply 11
bdeans
Ok so me and this boy have been texting each other for about a month. We met each other twice on night outs and just on Saturday he kissed me, I've been trying to drop hints about doing something but not sure if I'm doing it right, he said he was off work next week for few weeks and how his friends are a busy but I didn't know if this was a hint, any advice I mean why would he kiss me? And text me next morning first, we both had a drink but weren't drunk. He walked me and my friends to a taxi as well as rang me when I got home. Any advice please.

Whilst I don't proclaim to be an expert, I usually just ask a girl out if I fancy her. Sometimes I've done this in overly convoluted ways, but the end result is always the same.

I cannot guarantee you success, but unless you're clear with your intentions then you'll just end up playing games with each other. Some people enjoy that, I don't.

simran1996
Ask him if he wants to go out for food or to the cinema

Food yes, cinema no. Whilst you generally go to the cinema with other people, enjoying the film itself is usually a solitary activity.

SophiaLDN

Some guys are shy and sometimes there's a social context behind which a guy can be reluctant to ask a girl out. Don't be so presumptuous.

Cheers

Darren
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending