The Student Room Group

Are picnics for two always romantic?

Are picnics for two always romantic? I'm going to visit a friend and former housemate soon and stay at their house. During my visit, I want to visit the Botanic Gardens in the city and thought it'd be nice to have a picnic there, but I'm scared that she'll get the wrong idea and think that I want to date her because we were briefly romantically involved- by briefly I mean that we only had one date, but there were a lot of emotions involved etc. This was half a year ago and she still thinks I have feelings for her because I told her that about 2 months ago, even though I've come to the conclusion that I don't still have feelings for her. Should I just ditch the idea of having a picnic there, because we could just walk around and see the pretty things there? :smile:
Yeah, I think a picnic would be too romantic, especially if she still thinks you have feelings for her. It might give the wrong impression or send the wrong message. Maybe just go for the walk instead.
Reply 2
Having a picnic doesn't have to be romantic. It can just be nice way to have a meal and a catch-up. Just don't bring the champagne and roses.
Not if they're with your mum.
Reply 4
Okay, I think I'll just play it safe and go for a walk in the gardens :smile: Thanks for your replies, guys!
Picnic is romantic but tbh walk around a pretty park sounds quite romantic to me too.
Nah i'd have a picnic with a male friend though i am in a long term relationship so they know its not anyway. If your good friends with someone it just friendly?
Not always romantic....especially if your taking her dogging afterwards..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending