The Student Room Group

Is it wrong...

Is it wrong to say yes to a date with someone even if you have no interest in a romantic relationship?

A guy asked me out for coffee - he's really nice and there's nothing wrong with him but I'm just not in a place where I want a relationship right now. Plus I've been going through a bit of a FwB thing for the past month or so which I need to get over before getting involved with someone new.

I've already said yes. I just wondered what the general consensus was as I've had mixed responses from friends.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Don't lead him on.. better to be honest than to hurt him in the long run
A little. Just don't lead him on too much and it'll be fine. :tongue:
or you can make him your new FwB. Helps you get over your last one, plus gives dude some action. Jobs a good 'un.
Reply 4
Original post by TruetoMyself
or you can make him your new FwB. Helps you get over your last one, plus gives dude some action. Jobs a good 'un.

Ahaha nooo! I've learnt from my experience. Casual sex is not for me - I get far too attached!
Original post by xOHarriet
Ahaha nooo! I've learnt from my experience. Casual sex is not for me - I get far too attached!

I was semi joking :smile: x Fair enough yup probably the right advice not too lead him on then love...good for you both for now x
Why did you accept then? :confused: was it just for his company?
Reply 7
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Why did you accept then? :confused: was it just for his company?

He was just a nice guy and I respected him for having the courage to ask - it's only coffee as well, nothing serious like dinner! Haha
Reply 8
Ohhh of course its fine! Not like you are leading anyone on or anything...

The moral action would be to continue on going on dates with him. I'm sure it will end in something positive!
Does he know you don't want a relationship? Do you feel like he asked you because it will lead to more than friends - do you feel he fancies you?
ur leading him on, to him you fancy him a lot.

when u go to the date.. tell him the truth before anything.
I think it's admirable that you are willing to give this guy a chance rather than dwelling on your breakup:smile:

See where this one takes you:smile:

IS he genuinely someone you like? aka find him attractive?
(edited 9 years ago)
He was just a nice guy and I respected him for having the courage to ask - it's only coffee as well, nothing serious like dinner! Haha

It was just a question, wasn't being negative or anything :biggrin: well in that case i don't think it's a bad idea as long as you tell him how you feel so he doesn't feel led on.
Reply 13
Jeeze, at least tell him. Poor guy is probably planning what to wear.
What a prick leading this guy on.

He's probably gonna carefully choose what clothes to wear etc desperate to impress you when really he never had a chance.

This AND you have had a FwB (AND you readily bring up that you've had a FwB). You're the type of girl who is just poison. -_-

Sort it out. :tongue:
Tell him straight you aren't ready. Don't be that girl who leads guys on.
Is it wrong to say yes to a date with someone even if you have no interest in a romantic relationship?

A guy asked me out for coffee - he's really nice and there's nothing wrong with him but I'm just not in a place where I want a relationship right now. Plus I've been going through a bit of a FwB thing for the past month or so which I need to get over before getting involved with someone new.

I've already said yes. I just wondered what the general consensus was as I've had mixed responses from friends.

You need to be honest and tell him now that you want nothing other than friendship, it is not nice to lead anyone on thinking it is more.
Reply 17
Original post by Scott.M
What a prick leading this guy on.

He's probably gonna carefully choose what clothes to wear etc desperate to impress you when really he never had a chance.

This AND you have had a FwB (AND you readily bring up that you've had a FwB). You're the type of girl who is just poison. -_-

Sort it out. :tongue:

Going for coffee with someone and being a female who enjoys sex, you're right, I'm a terrible person!

Go be an obnoxious, judgmental idiot somewhere else.
Reply 18
Guys it's coffee. I haven't said I'll marry the guy. Chill.
I wouldn't really think that you are leading the guy on. First of all, it's just for coffee, not a fancy restaurant or a cinema date or anything like that. Secondly, it's only the first "meetup" ( idk whether or not to call it a date or whatnot).

I would just say to not go on 2nd or 3rd "date" without saying that you aren't looking for a relationship right now. Problem solved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending