The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

english reading lists

I was just wondering if anyone who has received the freshers pack might post the reading list for the intro to the novel module. I'm an international student and just got an e-mail from the college saying that my freshers pack might take a while. really im positively dying of curiosity. (if anyone feels so inclined as to post more than the novel list that would be splendid).
Reply 1
I don't know about a specific reading list, but the following books are supposedly on (amongst others obviously!)
: Robinson Crueso, Frankenstein and Jayne Ayre. I've already started reading Frankenstein, it's fairly dull so far...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks. so the reading lists aren't sent with the welcome packs.
Reply 3
I wouldn't know, not being an English Literature student, I'm studying it in a combined honours degree you see? Can any English students perhaps shed some light?
Reply 4
Hiya

For the intro to novel module its Robinson Crusoe, Frankenstein:The 1818 Text, Jane Eyre, Bleak House, Heart of Darkness and Wide Sargasso Sea (lectures are in that order). They recommend that you read the first three before you come to Durham. I havent started yet though. Better get reading.

Good luck
Reply 5
kathryn16
Hiya

For the intro to novel module its Robinson Crusoe, Frankenstein:The 1818 Text, Jane Eyre, Bleak House, Heart of Darkness and Wide Sargasso Sea (lectures are in that order). They recommend that you read the first three before you come to Durham. I havent started yet though. Better get reading.

Good luck

:mad: Dammit, i think I have the wrong version, is there much difference between the 1818 text and the 1831? :redface:

Latest