The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

As they're under 16 I suppose yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Under 16 = underage.

Yes.
Yes

Just wait one day........
When the clocks strike midnight do it. Can you not wait 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
Yes

Just wait one day........

I;m not having sex with anyone anytime soon but I don't see what one day could do.
In a court of law, it's rape. Why risk it?
Technically yes, it'd be illegal, but it'd be highly unlikely that you'd be prosecuted for it.
Reply 8
Yes. Its rape.
Original post by Reluire
In a court of law, it's rape. Why risk it?

So if someone had sex with a 15 year, 365 23 hours and 59 mins year old it's rape?
Original post by MylittlePlusle
So if someone had sex with a 15 year, 365 23 hours and 59 mins year old it's rape?

In the eyes of the law, yes.

They have to put a cutoff somewhere.
Yes. Over the course of the day, she will develop the mental ability to be able to consent to sex. Just wait until the clock strikes 12.
Reply 13

Yup.

And 52 seconds.
Anything under 16 years would be classed as statutory rape, I said this in your last thread about your underage girlfriend whom you have yet to meet. If you two really do love each other then just wait until she is 16 before you take your relationship any further.
Original post by Robbo-92
Anything under 16 years would be classed as statutory rape, I said this in your last thread about your underage girlfriend whom you have yet to meet. If you two really do love each other then just wait until she is 16 before you take your relationship any further.

This has nothing to do with that becuase I ended it. It's something that just came to my head.
Original post by NathanW18
Yes. Over the course of the day, she will develop the mental ability to be able to consent to sex. Just wait until the clock strikes 12.

I really think you're messing with me, I think it's very likely that it only takes a day for someone to consent.
Original post by Quady
Yup.

And 52 seconds.

It's only a minute, it's not going to matter at all.
Reply 18
It's only a minute, it's not going to matter at all.

Could be worse - its 18 in the USA...
I;m not having sex with anyone anytime soon but I don't see what one day could do.

That used to be my opinion but if they let you off 'cause she was one day away then people who were 2 days away will start being let off and so on, so I'd say just wait till the girl is actually 16 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest