The Student Room Group

My First Result Day Nightmare!

Just woke up so my spelling and grammar may be off.

So I have been worrying about my results like any normal A level kid.

Heres the dream:

For some reason everyone I know is in a massive block of flats/apartments and they are giving us our results via little pieces of paper as they knock on each door. (the paper is in a box like a tombola)

So everyone gets there results and for some reason there is this massive touch screen whiteboard and people take it in turns to select 1-5 on how well they did. Don't know how this part came into it but...

Anyway back at my apartment room my girlfriend gets her results and looks really happy and mine still haven't arrived. Then she magically has the box in her hands with all the result papers. But she says I am not allowed to look till they come to my door. I quickly take mine and look, D,D,C,B11. No idea what the 11 represents...

Well, I really want A,A,A,A or A,A,B,B. So you can understand why I woke up as I thought this was real!

If that's what it says on my results slip I can hereby predict the future. BUT PLEASE ,touch wood, say I get the results I aim of getting.
last year waiting for AS results i dreamed i had gotten an E in french. i haven't taken french since yr 8 lol but somehow i still woke up like "must revise french more!!!"

this year i dreamed i had gotten AAA (my offer grades) but i was still devastated because i had gotten a b in one unit o.0 chill out, dream self.
I had the weirdest results day nightmare ever a few nights ago. So basically I take Maths, Accounting and ICT. I want to study maths at university and it's obviously my favourite subject.

So i've just finished my AS level exams and waiting on the results this august. the dream was:

I got my results for maths and I only got a B (I really want an A, and think i've got one). I was horrified and for some reason I actually had the paper I sat and I could go through it. Anyway I went through it and looked at some of the questions that I must have got wrong, and the questions were these very long essay questions that I kept losing marks on. This is funny because maths obviously doesn't even have any essay questions and also I absolutely hate essay questions I am terrible at them and also lose marks on them. In this dream I was so angry that I was losing these marks on these dumb essay questions and I just hated myself, not once did I question the fact that there were even essay questions in the paper though in my dream. Even when I woke up for about 30 seconds I was still kind of annoyed. Then it slowly started occuring to me it was just a dream and there aren't even written questions :biggrin:.
At some point during or after my GCSEs, I had a dream where I was opening my GCSE results at home... and I had an A- in Maths (yes, an A-minus, like in America), a T in Theology (not sure what the T stood for :confused:) and C grades in everything else. ****, I was terrified.

I also had a nightmare about a mock exam result in year 10, but I can't recall the details at the moment.

*Sigh* I miss doing GCSEs... :frown:
I think a lot of people have these dreams!
The thing is, I don't mind having ones in which my grades are shockingly bad; it's the ones in which I get or exceed the grades for my offer that annoy me, simply due to the fact that I'm extremely happy, and then I wake up and feel extremely upset by the fact that it isn't real!!!!

I had one where my results sheet looked like my GCSE results paper, with loads of different grades. The thing is, I had a U in one subject in the dream, and that's the one my eyes kept going to whilst trying to see if I'd met my offer with my other grades - I had, somehow???? :L
Ha yeah I know a few people who have had dreams like that!
I had two nightmares two nights in a row... one was that I was in the middle of my final exam and it was a resit and I hadn't had enough time to revise so I couldn't really answer much at all, the my phone went off and I was disqualified from all my exams!
The second was that my firm choice for uni emailed me saying they had my results early and I didn't get in! The worst thing was they were both kind of convincing for a few seconds. :frown:
I've had at least 3 results day nightmares recently, the last one was last night. It was the worst yet.

I was for some reason stood in the container port in GTA 5 (I've been playing it a lot recently) with my entire year group and teachers with all our results, I opened mine and realised I'd failed and basically went into meltdown, so I eventually called up the uni asking if they could take me still, but the person on the end of the phone just laughed at me saying I'd failed. Then I basically lost my mind completely and snapped awake covered in cold sweat, again.

I'm getting sick of the nightmares, they actually seem real and the feeling after I wake up is just awful. Although I am relieved that it wasn't real.
Okay, so i've been having these nightmares on and off for around a month. But this week they have officially kicked in!

I can't cope with them, I go to bed paranoid and wake up crying! Last night, I dreamnt that I logged into Track, and didn't get into my firm choice University of Sheffield! Then somehow, I went to get my results and got UUU ohhh never been so scared!
Reply 8
I always had nightmares the day before exams that I would wake up too late or that I would somehow forget to put my phone away and it would go off in the middle of an exam.
I'm waiting for my AS Results.. and last night i dreamt i was in my english language classroom(?!) And i got my english lit results.. which were a D. So obviously i was really upset! Cos i want an A. Then they said they had forgotten to convert it from a BTEC D ?? Lol so weird. In the dream i didnt even want to know my other results :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last night I dreamt that I got AAEA. I started crying as the E was in the subject I'm doing at uni and then the university said I wasn't allowed in. I hate these nightmares, the next 11 days cannt go quickly enough!

Quick Reply

Latest