The Student Room Group

how competitive are biological sciences courses?

hey, i'm applying to scottish uni's this september for biological sciences courses but dont know much about the application process as i'm from ireland (the repblic) so was just wondering how competitive are these courses? is it common to recieve 5 rejections for biology, should i have work experience and will i be called for an interview??? i'll be applying to edinburgh, glasgow, dundee, edinburgh napier and glasgow caledonian. please please answer me!!! :biggrin: thanks
Reply 1
hey! I got accepted to Dundee for biological sciences and I am starting in September! Firstly let me inform you that I had exactly the same questions as you have! What you need to know is that applying for biological sciences has nothing to do with medicine regarding competition and interviews. I applied to several universities and none of them asked for an interview and I don't believe that it is considered a competitive course.
Your university choices seem very good, with a variety based on what they ask. Dundee is a very good university with better environment than edinburgh and glasgow! However Edinburgh is by far the best :smile:
Add me on facebook so I can help you further if you wish! (Yannis Gartaganis)
Yes, you have said right that Dundee is the best university. My friend study at that university and he is very happy in this university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending