The Student Room Group

How many kisses do you send to your friends/family/partner? xxx

Hey guys, what kind of kissing (x) behaviour do you use in texts?
I was talking about this with a friend and we noticed we both use xxx's differently.

I tend to use mine more self consciously and reflect how much the other person is using. While she tends to use hers as a full stop of the sentence x

I know some people don't like using any! Which kind of person are you?

If you're interested in the topic, she also has a survey up which is really worth a few minutes on: TAKE SURVEY HERE

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Another way I use text kisses is adding on an extra x when the text is terse or might come across as impolite!
Usually none.
But if they are ill or upset then just one. I'm stingy when it comes to kisses. :biggrin:
Original post by Armadillo
I was talking about this with a friend and we noticed we both use xxx's differently.

I tend to use mine more self consciously and reflect how much the other person is using. While she tends to use hers as a full stop of the sentence x

If you're interested in the topic, she also has a survey up which is really worth a few minutes on: https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/sussex/kiss

Spoiler

Everyone gets a x from me.

Have accidentally signed off with a x to employers and other people I shouldn't be kissing really. :s-smilie:

Not using any just seems so cold :frown:

I never use any. Ever.

I'll say nice things but i don't think to add little lower case versions of the letter x at the end to symbolise kissing her virtually through the phone.

Gf uses them when talking to me though.

My mother doesn't seem to understand at all and now uses an x instead of a full stop every setence on texts/fb messenger etc. :lol:
Well I only talk to males, so texting them with x's would be awkward somewhat.
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Usually none.
But if they are ill or upset then just one. I'm stingy when it comes to kisses. :biggrin:

Cold as ice :frown: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It depends. :tongue:

If you send me kisses, I send you kisses. :colonhash:

However, if a person sends me like 3+ I usually just put 3 or not bother & put 2. It's easier just to put two. More is excessive and usually sarcastic.

Xx= the best

Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Have accidentally signed off with a x to employers and other people I shouldn't be kissing really. :s-smilie:

Not using any just seems so cold :frown:

Aw haha, especially at "other people I shouldn't be kissing really" :tongue:

It does feel a little cold actually. More from friends at school though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
'x' usually to pretty much everyone really

more than one when I'm flirting :teehee: or just feeling super super nice
oh and if someone sends me a message with a number of x's like 'xxxxxx' I will send the same number back
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Probably this many xxxxxxxxxx if it's to my girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I send 'xoxox' usually, to anyone really. Force of habit more than anything really.
depends i have a code
1 = accident
2 = friends
3 = take the money
4 = the security guide is nearby
Original post by karmacrunch
It depends. :tongue:

If you send me kisses, I send you kisses. :dontknow:

However, if a person sends me like 3+ I usually just but 3 or not bother & put 2. It's easier just to put two. Xx

Xx= the best

Two is a good amount. :yy: I approve :wink:

Aw haha, especially at "other people I shouldn't be kissing really" :tongue:

It does feel a little cold actually. More from friends at school though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose it has the positive benefit of making me seem super nice and friendly. :tongue:

Using an 'x' as a full stop is incredibly moronic. I very rarely use an 'x'... occasionally I'll do 'xoxoxoxoxox' sarcastically, and remember at school doing 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' occasionally with mates.

I always think the most cringeworthy are the continuous 'xx' or 'xxx', or when a couple try to out-do each other's kissing...

I've only ever done the one 'x', which I'll use self consciously based on the other person if they're doing it. Or occasionally I'll surprise them with one.

Original post by Motorbiker
I never use any. Ever.

I'll say nice things but i don't think to add little lower case versions of the letter x at the end to symbolise kissing her virtually through the phone.

Gf uses them when talking to me though.

My mother doesn't seem to understand at all and now uses an x instead of a full stop every setence on texts/fb messenger etc. :lol:

Do we have the same mum?
To my mum - x or xx
To my bf - xxxxxxxx with some funny or love heart emojis. We have that as a text template so we just click that rather than typing it all out every time lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I send no kisses to friends and with my girlfriend we just hit the x key and send however many appear :P so could be xxxxxxxx or xxx xxxxxxxxxx just depends how long i hold the x key for :P as long as we send 3 or more we are happy :smile:
Original post by Numberwang
Using an 'x' as a full stop is incredibly moronic.

:frown:

Puddles the Monkey
None, unless I really really like the person. Even then, one per week.
To my mum: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Because if I don't she gets worried about me XD

To my dad: Anywhere between xxx and xxxxxxx depending on what he put :P

To my friends: xx Because that's the best in my opinion.

To other friends: None because they don't see the point.

Other: Usually Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Brother once replied to me a message with x's at the end since he said he'd been sending his gf messages with them and got used to it. :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending