The Student Room Group

Guys, would you ever hit your Wife/Partner

Poll

Guys, Would you ever hit your Wife/Partner?

In any circumstances, say she cheated on you? Called you fat, a whore etc? Disrespected your parents?

NOTE: A playful slap is not included. I mean a slap when angry with an intent to hurt or harm her. Poll included.

EDIT: This does not include a situation where she is putting your life at harm, because then who wouldn't fight back? :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'd put my hand through a window before I could think about hitting my girlfriend. No, I wouldn't ever hit her.
Reply 2
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I'd put my hand through a window before I could think about hitting my girlfriend. No, I wouldn't ever hit her.

I salute you my friend, you are a real man.
Reply 3

:love:
Original post by FKLW
I salute you my friend, you are a real man.

Original post by Dinaa
:love:

But it really shouldn't even need praise. I love her, so I want to bring good things to her life. I want to be one of the reasons she smiles or laughs uncontrollably, not a reason to shed a tear.
Reply 5
Maybe during foreplay
Never in a normal circumstance
I rather stab myself with a pen than hit my future wife/partner
What about if she's trying to kill or harm you with say a knife?
Original post by FKLW
In any circumstances, say she cheated on you? Called you fat, a whore etc? Disrespected your parents?

NOTE: A playful slap is not included. I mean a slap when angry with an intent to hurt or harm her. Poll included.

yep

if she went pyscho with the kids and it was necessary

id be able to take the punches if she hit me bad but id simply leave her if she didnt stop

outside of the bedroom at least:wink: jk....not my thing:P
If I did it would be in self-defense. I'd probably end up feeling miserable afterwards though.

I'd try to show that I didn't care (if he had cheated on me or something) and walk away and cry elsewhere though.
My future partner shouldn't try and hit me. I'd call the police in no time if he did. :/

Original post by LostGear
I rather stab myself with a pen than hit my future wife/partner

Because stabbing yourself with a pen is worse. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iEatMuFFiNS

obs , i'l have to shut her down then.
Reply 12

Self defence isn't included because that's not "hitting" as such it's preserving your life. I mean in a situation where she has posed no physical threat to you, but maybe emotionally hurt you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Self defence isn't included because that's not "hitting" as such it's preserving your life. I mean in a situation where she has posed no physical threat to you, but maybe emotionally hurt you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The OPs question was "Guys, Would you ever hit your Wife/Partner?" which is open to all circumstances..
Reply 14
The OPs question was "Guys, Would you ever hit your Wife/Partner?" which is open to all circumstances..

I am the OP. Sorry will edit that post to make it more clear then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
I'm a gentleman , so no :biggrin:
Nope it's not in my written in my DNA sequencing plus she would mean too much for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
The notion of me striking her is completely foreign. I could never imagine hitting her. Just wouldn't have it in me.
But it really shouldn't even need praise. I love her, so I want to bring good things to her life. I want to be one of the reasons she smiles or laughs uncontrollably, not a reason to shed a tear.

I SEE YOUR ARMOUR IS WHITE!

jk I cried over that:emo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending