The Student Room Group

Miliband kowtows to Obama; promises unambiguously Labour will keep Britain in the EU

Ed Miliband met with with President Barack Obama at the White House today [21st July] in an encounter the Labour leader hopes will burnish his foreign policy credentials ahead of next year's general election.

The President made an informal but pre-arranged appearance as Mr Miliband met with American national security officials in the West Wing.

Mr Miliband promised Mr Obama that a Labour government would stand "unambiguously" for Britain to remain in Europe amid growing fears in the White House that the UK could leave the EU.

"I think it's pretty clear the United States wants Britain to be in the European Union," Mr Miliband said before the meeting. "Britain stands taller in America in the European Union than outside it."

"I'm going to the White House because I want to be prime minister of Britain in less than 10 months. It's incredibly important, and I think this is what the British people would want, to have a prime minister who works closely with the US," Mr Miliband said before the meeting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/10981593/Ed-Miliband-meets-Barack-Obama-at-the-White-House.html

Reply 1
Miliband has favoured EU membership long before meeting Obama. Its the Tories who will bend over backwards to keep america happy, people like Liam Fox view america as some sort of Jesus incarnate and they are so pathetic they automatically think what ever the american people vote for is the best thing to do, they have no independent views on their own beyond blind support of washington
Of course the Tory party and Labour's ruling elite want to stay in the EU what do Zionists love most? control. EU is most definitely a Zionist entity much like the first Soviet Union. It's all about control and globalism (a Jewish creation)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by James222
Miliband has favoured EU membership long before meeting Obama. Its the Tories who will bend over backwards to keep america happy, people like Liam Fox view america as some sort of Jesus incarnate and they are so pathetic they automatically think what ever the american people vote for is the best thing to do, they have no independent views on their own beyond blind support of washington

Seems a strange point to emphasise, with a rather deranged delivery, given what was quoted in the article (and have you forgotten Tony Blair already?):

"I'm going to the White House because I want to be prime minister of Britain in less than 10 months. It's incredibly important, and I think this is what the British people would want, to have a prime minister who works closely with the US," Mr Miliband said before the meeting.

Are you perchance a Labour activist?
Reply 4
Original post by thesabbath
Seems a strange point to emphasise, with a rather deranged delivery, given what was quoted in the article (and have you forgotten Tony Blair already?):

No you are the one on a different planet.
We live under a two party system so its natural to compare to the tories

Lol what Tony Blair ???? Tony Blair hated ed milliband. Ed Milliband didnt even get the majority of votes from Labour MPs at the leadership election

Blairites hate him
Reply 5

With an election in 10 months Milliband has to portray himself as being a leader and respected on world stage

Even Obama pretends to be anti war in the run up to elections. Elections are all about winning votes which is what milliband is doing by showing he is respected in washington
Reply 6
Original post by James222
No you are the one on a different planet.
We live under a two party system so its natural to compare to the tories

Lol what Tony Blair ???? Tony Blair hated ed milliband. Ed Milliband didnt even get the majority of votes from Labour MPs at the leadership election

Blairites hate him

With an election in 10 months Milliband has to portray himself as being a leader and respected on world stage

Even Obama pretends to be anti war in the run up to elections. Elections are all about winning votes which is what milliband is doing by showing he is respected in washington

I don't understand why you would bring up the Conservatives as being unreasonably pro-USA when the Labour party under Blair was exactly that, and Miliband has just declared openly that he wishes to work closely with the US and follow their line on issues such as the EU.

As for Miliband being respected in Washington and on the world stage, he was granted a 25 minute chat. Hardly displaying gravitas in these images http://order-order.com/2014/07/22/awkward-ed-miliband-white-house-moments/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Why is this even slightly surprising, or newsworthy?
Reply 8
I don't like Edd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I don't understand why you would bring up the Conservatives as being unreasonably pro-USA when the Labour party under Blair was exactly that, and Miliband has just declared openly that he wishes to work closely with the US and follow their line on issues such as the EU.

As for Miliband being respected in Washington and on the world stage, he was granted a 25 minute chat. Hardly displaying gravitas in these images http://order-order.com/2014/07/22/awkward-ed-miliband-white-house-moments/

Why would you bring up Blair when new labour is dead ? Can your brain get its head around this concept ? The tories are more pro USA now than when they had Micheale howard as leader... Do you need to read a GCSE Politics textbook ?

25 minutes is average for opposition leaders and the website you linked to is a conservativeparty activists all his blogs posts are about labour and he never blogs about secret fundraisers he gets invited too. Its the daily mail of blogs
pathetic lapdog - obama's got himself a new pet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by The_Duck
Why is this even slightly surprising, or newsworthy?

44% of Labour supporters would vote for the UK to leave the EU . This might be of note to them.
Good for Ed
44% of Labour supporters would vote for the UK to leave the EU . This might be of note to them.

I would hope that they know the policy of the party they vote for. Most labour eurosceptics tend to view the EU as a less important issue than many others.
Obama's a puppet to the pale skinned Zionist Jews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending