The Student Room Group

Why can't society accept that women have lower sex drives than men?

The easiest way to prove this is that there arn't many male prostitutes compared to female ones. There just isn't the demand for them.

What puzzles me is why this should be such a big deal? Whenever someone mentions that men, on average, have higher sex drives than women, it causes outrage.

But why?

Surely it's a good thing that females have lower sex drives. It certainly isn't something to get angry about.

Men and women are biologically different. So why wouldn't this shape behaviour?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imtelling
The easiest way to prove this is that there arn't many male prostitutes compared to female ones. There just isn't the demand for them.

What puzzles me is why this should be such a big deal? Whenever someone mentions that men, on average, have higher sex drives than women, it causes outrage.

But why?

Surely it's a good thing that females have lower sex drives. It certainly isn't something to get angry about.

Because we have more self respect :rolleyes:

But why?

That's not to do with sex drives, more self control
Probably an evolutionary / cultural thing... CBA to expand on this as i've seen other threads explain it better than i can...
Reply 4
The problem is, society can't accept that women DO have sex drives comparable to mens.
Not to do with sex drives really.. well.. men have the urge to stick it in as many people and times as possible to make babies and spread gene pool, whereas women are limited and can only have a child even 9 months ergo men are programmed to have more sex

NOTHING TO DO WITH SELF RESPECT - even prostitutes have self respect shut up.
Reply 6
My girl has a higher sex drive than me.
Reply 7
Maybe the women with the high sex drives are prostitutes...
Wrong. The reason there aren't many male prostitutes to female prostitutes isn't because they have a low sex drive, its that they don't have to resort to using a prostitute to get laid. Hence why there isn't any demand.

Sexual repression is real. Women can not be as open about their sexuality like men do without being labelled negatively in society. Fear of women's sexuality is noted throughout history and the present day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ldsbabe
The problem is, society can't accept that women DO have sex drives comparable to mens.

This :congrats:
Original post by The vampire
Not every girl is like that though!

Not every guy wants to have sex with prostitutes.
Reply 11
Lol it's not society that has this problem just the small number of left wing/feminist/everything is socially constructed/blank slate loonies who unfortunately get too much public attention. Unlike them, most people have common sense and live in the real world. I mean , how many times have you heard a guy say ''why do girls just want one thing?''.
Reply 12

But why?

there's a few things.

a "john" is the name for someone who pays for sex with prostitutes.

violence.
female johns are at risk of violence by driving up to random men on the street and offering to pay for sex with them.
male johns are not so afraid of violence from female prostitutes. prostitutes are at risk of violence from johns but they are the ones selling.
think of it like this. a shop that people will be afraid to enter won't do much business.
a shop keeper who is afraid of customers can still make money.

time
women take longer to satisfy themselves during sex. some women are unable to satisfy themselves at all. but a female prostitute can have numerous customers in a short period of time. women require more foreplay and a longer amount of time. you could get through 3 men in the same time it takes to go through one female client.

shame
women are suppose to be wanted by men. when a women has to pay for sex with a man she is admitting that she is so unwanted sexually that she has to pay for it. as a result women are less likely to publicly look for male prostitutes. although abroad old rich white women on holiday in the caribbean are known for paying young jamaican men for sex. they are known as rent-a-dreads. they key to this is the women are abroad and in a safe secure environment with lots of time. what happens abroad stays abroad and they do not have to worry about their soliciting following them back to the uk.

biology.
men have an predisposition for variety. they go for the numbers game. they would rather have 10 women with a child each. than 1 women with 10 children. this is incase the 1 women has bad genes and all the children are born disabled or faulty to the point where they will starve to death in a hunter gatherer environment.

women like variety also but their first priority is to secure providers for the children they do have. they want the man to keep coming back. they want the man to care for them and the child. they need the man for security and income. if women can sneak extra babies from other men in they will. they will cheat on their provider. if women can get away with it they will openly cheat on their provider as to gain two providers. one for each child. but this is a complicated process and takes time and cunning.

so women's instincts are to keep men for security and money.
a women is not gaining security or money from a male prostitute.

men naturally want variety and are providers.
so men naturally want to have sex with different prostitutes and are acclimatised to paying for sex.

so its not that women have lower sex drives.
just their motives for sex are different.
Original post by TurboCretin

There's some pretty good looking ones out there though :biggrin:
Game of Thrones
I dunno mate, I have to handcuff your Mum to the bed just to get a moment's peace sometimes.
Because anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows its bull****.

Or even, any attractive man knows its rubbish.
Original post by TurboCretin

understatement of the year.

Maybe 1% of guys would sleep with a prozzie, at most? No normal functioning man would ever do it.
Reply 18
Original post by cole-slaw
Because anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows its bull****.

Or even, any attractive man knows its rubbish.

Pretty much. I have no problem getting it, I'm fending it off some nights. I seem to hear this statement that women have low sex drives mainly from virgins and unattractive men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Not all men have high sex-drives. I don't personally. So...

Quick Reply

Latest